[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Citizen Road Policing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: e5mZpW7.jpg (275KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
e5mZpW7.jpg
275KB, 1920x1200px
If you live in the NE US, you know our drivers are garbage. I've lived in several states in the US and the closer you get to DC the worse the drivers get. That said, I need input on an idea.

Citizens that have dashcams in their cars could send copies of the footage to police stations. If a crime is recorded, the police can then issue a citation and mail it to the owner of the vehicle(similar to red light cameras).

I'm certain there are a great deal many issues with this proposal but I would like advice on evolving it to make it half decent. I think the following would be required:

1) Clear evidence and view of the crime committed(No half shots).
2) Clear view of the license plate of the vehicle.
3) A lead time of 60 seconds prior and 60 seconds after of the user's dash cam to prevent scamming.

I'm basing this loosely on the idea of red light cams, but instead of checking poles for cameras people would essentially have to assume every car on the street is watching them for crime. I think a second benefit to this would be education people that mail in tapes whether or not something is against the law. "We understand you didn't like the way he merged, but it is technically the correct way to drive. Sorry you spilled your ice cream on yourself during the event. Maybe next time don't drive while eating."

Any constructive advice welcome.
>>
>>18598179
I work in DC, those automated carmeras rack in MILLIONS of ticket revune. They doubled the amount of money that they got from tickets since they have been around. Having dash cams would only make it worse. People shouldn't be automatically ticketed every time the go 1 mile past the speed limit to make a pass or merge lanes. If you want to make better drivers, you have to persecute aggressive driving. I've gotten into crashes because I wasn't going above the speed limit. It's so stupid in DC, and disputing it is worse. You have to fix the system then fix the people. Also D.C. People are stuck up assholes. Plain and simple, you can't change that, it's part of being a metropolitan areas.
>>
>>18598194
We're on the same page. I'm not worried about the speed limit and that shouldn't be considered part of the program, but specifically aggressive/bad driving. I see too much ability to fiddle with the numbers there and even the practice of trying to keep up with/record an individual speeding means the recorder would be speeding as well. I specifically mean aggressive/hostile driving practices that would be considered reckless, dangerous, or just plain "fail you if you tried that during your driver's test."

And in response to DC people being shit, I agree. But if they had to make a choice between being shit and broke or being a more defensive driver I think it'd help fix the system as you said.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.