[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they going to sue me for defamation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1682.jpg (23KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1682.jpg
23KB, 500x366px
I worked at this local supermarket where everyone knows/famous around the area. I don't work there anymore but i'm wondering if i can expose my experience and what's going on inside the business in google review or somewhere. The owner tried to discuss my sex life, asked me if im a virgin. The manager pulled my leggins to see my underwear. All employees were making rumors about me That i slept with customers/ owners sons.
Are they going to sue me for defamation if i post my story about them ?
>>
You can post anonymously, right? And if you accuse them do you have any proof?
>>
Well fist, keep in mind that the truth is an absolute defense to any claim of defamation. So long as what you're saying is true, and you're not making things up that aren't true or never happened, then there you go.

Now, that being said, while the truth is an absolute DEFENSE to a defamation claim, it doesn't prevent the lawsuit. In other words, they can still claim defamation, serve you, and drag you through the process of having to defend yourself. So you might want to think about this one...
>>
Let it go... Let it go...
>>
>>18598027
Can i post it anonymously? I heard i can hide my ip from tor brower :p
I have a recording of the owner talking shits to me on my last day...
>>
>>18598036
Depending on where you live, you may have committed a crime by recording the conversation. Hiding your IP would not anonymize your comment as you have identifying information in your review.
>>
>>18598033
I can't. The owner threatened me that she will make my life miserable if i don't apologize to her for callig labor department lol. The buisness uses expired/rotten shits and change dates on packed food. And surprisingly, their business is doing pretty good. The owner recently moved to a neighborhood where joe biden lives lol
>>
>>18598036
I suppose you could. I mean, in all honesty, it's pretty unlikely that they'd ever sue you anyway; defamation lawsuits are notoriously hard to win. You might get a phone call, a little saber-rattling, but at the end of the day are they going to want to pay their lawyer $300 / hr to work on a case where they're unlikely to prevail or recover their costs? Eh probably not.

Still, I'd suggest you take the high road and NOT post it. Like the other poster said, let it go maybe.
>>
>>18598040
Then don't let it go! DO SOMETHING!
>>
>>18598040
Sure you can. How's the owner going to make your life miserable? What's going to happen to you? Are they going to break your legs? Put a horse head in your bed? You don't work there anymore, right? Come on...

Just let it go. I'm sure the owner was angry when he or she said that and was only bluffing. At any rate, why don't you wait and see? If they make a move, then you make yours. The Google review is your card to play, but don't play it too early.
>>
>>18598040
What store is this? I live in the same state as Biden and don't want to go to that shit
>>
>>1859804
Fuckkkk i dont want to take any risks
>>
>>18598062
The health department already warned them about selling rotten fish/ changing dates on packed food.
Unfortunately, The owner wont stop cause it saves so much money and no one knows what the fuck is going on inside their business.
All i can tell you is,it's family owned business and her two sons run newark/wilmington location.
They are trashy and the most disgusting family i ever met.
>>
>>18598100
Check your state's whistleblower laws. Write an anonymous email to the health department. If you are serious, then no way they can sue you, this is bigger. They are breaking laws and potentially putting thousands of people at risk for food poisoning.

Do you want that on your conscience? No. Stop them now.
>>
>>18598036
Yes, post it anonymously! If they trace it back to you through an anonymous posting then that proves what you said was true, assuming they didn't say the exact same things about another female employee.
>>
>>18598118
im just nervous and scared..
>>
>>18598140
So then go through official government channels instead of a petty review that will just look like a disgruntled employee and have zero impact.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.