[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

breaking up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0713.jpg (145KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
145KB, 700x700px
I'm mulling over the idea of whether or not I should break up with my significant other. I feel like we haven't been able to communicate very well and whenever I try, it feels like I always bother them. I just don't feel valued or cared for but I love them a lot. And I refuse to cheat.

Should I talk to them about this? I know the obvious thing is yes but I feel nothing will change. Should I still give it a try?
>>
>>18596914
Yes, you should try. Take some time to clearly and precisely list your grievances and come up with concrete things they need to change. Maybe nothing will change, but if you don't talk then CERTAINLY nothing will change.

Don't take it too hard: it takes a huge amount of courage to break up with someone, especially someone you still care about. It's good to give it a lot of thought.
>>
>>18596914
Do they know they're making you feel that way? They could have no clue they've been coming off like that
>>
>>18596921
>>18596948
OP here. Yeah, I should talk to them. But I feel like they're stuck in their ways and in the end, it's me who will have to compromise. I've brought up other issues in the past (like twice) and it's always me who ends up apologizing or the situation being twisted on me.

I love them a lot and they say they love me too but it doesn't feel that way by their actions. I just don't know when a good time to talk to them would be.
>>
>>18596979
if the problem is communication based, you'll never be able to tell what a good time is. You just have to go for it and hope for the best
>>
A specified gender would help us give ((better)) /adv/.
>>
>>18597031
I'm a girl and they're a guy. In my last relationship, the guy refused to speak with me for months before officially ending things so that's why I'm hesitant now on how things are.
>>
>>18596914
>I feel like we haven't been able to communicate >it feels like I always bother them
>I just don't feel valued or cared for but I love them a lot.
I guess I should have figured you're a girl. Stop feeling and start thinking with logic. If communication is poor, then improve it.
>>
>>18597042
>insecure
Work on this, with him involved.
>>
>>18597054
I said I have. I try reaching out but responses are either short or nonexistent. I get tired.
>>
>>18597060
Perhaps he is not the type that appreciates communication but will appreciate action. Have you tried doing things for him?
>>
>>18597067
Yeah, I clean, done his laundry, I make sure he's eaten, etc. We're fine with sex. And we used to talk just fine. He's big on communication but now it just seems like I'm not worth the time of day.
>>
>>18597067
1. Words of Affirmation (To be verbally acknowledged)

2. Quality Time (To enjoy companionship)

3. Receiving Gifts (To be given tokens of love)

4. Acts of Service (To have their partners do tasks for them)

5. Physical Touch (To be in contact via the body)

https://experiencelife.com/article/the-5-love-languages/

Hope this helps.
>>
>>18597079
So what happened? When did you notice this change and what other changes are there? Is he stressed out?
>>
>>18597082
Yeah, thank you. I might ask him to take this. I've taken it before and I kind of have a feeling what his top ones are. But thanks.
>>
>>18597087
I don't know. I noticed a while ago and buried the thought but it's happened a few times and I've noticed these last couple of weeks I keep thinking about it. I think he is stressed with work but he seems just fine with others. I trust that he isn't cheating but the thought keeps reoccurring.

I think he's still in contact with his ex too.
>>
>>18597079
>Clean, food, sex.
What else could this asshole be missing in his life? Intellectual stim?
>>
>>18597418
This, I have to wonder what else some of you fuckers could want when you sit around complaining all day about
>Tfw no gf :^(
If you have a girl who does this for you already, don't be a stuck up bitch and talk about your feelings to her. Go give her a hug. Tell her you love her. Don't take her for granted or she'll eventually end up leaving your sorry ass.
>>
>>18597418
OP here. I'm not saying I'm stupid in anyway, but he's a lot smarter than me and we're in different fields. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't want to talk to me because there isn't much to say or he thinks I won't understand what he is saying.

>inb4 "maybe try getting into his interests or sharing interests/hobbies"

I've done that too. Just a couple so he can do his own thing as well. I'm stuck.
>>
Is he particularly stressed about work or life stuff?

I'm finally leaving my job as it gradually became more and more stressful which leaked into my home life and I wouldn't want to talk to anyone and was a lot more irritable.
>>
>>18598369
He might be stressed about work. We haven't talked about anything so I don't know what's happening in his life. But he seems totally fine with his friends.
>>
>>18598385
>We haven't talked about anything so I don't know what's happening in his life.
Sometimes you just have to blow the lid off things to know whats up, my partner and I don't really argue or fight but when we do it's because something has been bottled up for awhile needing to be release. Then when all is said and done we're a lot happier and work on whatever it was.
>>
Only thing that made me not want to talk to my ex was her being a lying cunt. But, that's just my experience and projection.
>>
>>18598400
Yeah I'll talk to him soon. I don't think there are any underlying problems between us that would make him angry though.

>>18598505
Definitely not a lying cunt lol. I've always been honest with him and vice versa.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.