[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ladder of Success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: steps.jpg (14KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
steps.jpg
14KB, 225x224px
I just turned 24 this summer and its dawned on me that I havent really accomplished anything, but worse, Im not really good at doing anything particularly. Most of my friends have had a hobby sport or skill that theyve developed since childhood and by this age have nearly mastered, and I see now how all the work is eventually worth being able to do something and be completely focused while doing it.

Im good at mountain biking and kickboxing and dream of competing in both professionally but I always shoot down the idea because other people have been doing those things way longer than I have... I just wanna know if its worth it before I invest myself fully into something
>>
>>18596700
Im 25, a month from 26, and I also feel like Ive done nothing with my life worth mentioning. However, I also realize that I havent had anyone explain to me how important TIME really is and that I should be using it to master something. Anything.

I couldnt for the longest time invest time into something. I thought of it like a game. You have a few skillpoints to place in a skill tree. The catch is that you cant refund those skillpoints so if you threw it all in magic and later found out it's not that fun, you just wasted points that took years to get.

Not spending those points has its drawback though and that means that you never progress. You stagnate because youre too scared to try using up those points. Next thing you know you're in your mid 40s and by then it's almost too late to do much.

You already have two things you feel that you might be good at. What you should be doing is surrounding yourself with that lifestyle to see if it's really what you want to do.

I mean find friends that are all into kickboxing and might be doing competitions. You need to live the lifestyle because that is what youll be doing for almost all your life if you are passionate about it. If you surround yourself with kickboxing shit and it turns out you dont really like it, move on. It's not really something you want to base your life around.

One last important piece is to understand that in your 20's you arent really supposed to have shit. You have barely started your journey of life alone and we need to soak in more knowledge before doing anything worth mentioning.

Make it a goal to have something by 30. If you pass 30 without really getting into anything yet then you can worry about possibly being stuck forever. Possibly.

And if you still cant find a passion, try out ANYTHING that peaks your interest. If you think to yourself "This looks like it could be fun" then try it out. Finding passion is a numbers game at the end of the say.
>>
>>18596768
And one last piece, try not to worry about ehat others are doing. They had the advantage of being born to parents, friends, and family that encouraged or guided them to what they are masters at now.

We havent had that luxury because our hand dealt sucked but we dont need decades to master anything. Ive seen people lose to others that have spent just a year getting into whatever theyre doing. One year vs decades of training.

What really counts is how passionate you are about whatever topic. If youre really fuckin into it, you will master the shit out of it because thats where youre drive is.

Anyway thats all I got nigga. Good luck.
>>
>>18596700
McGregor has only been fighting since 2007 with some limited boxing before that.
>>
Mary Hobson got a degree in Russian in her 60s and a PHD in her 70s, she is now 90 and has been working as a translator for 20 years.

Don't wait as long as she did, but don't think for a second that 24 or 36 means your life has already taken the path it is going to take and there is no changing course.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.