[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not feel insecure about social life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.gif (91KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
91KB, 500x379px
So, I do go out sometimes. But it's hard to remind myself I'm not a friendless loser when I hear about friends or people going to things I wasn't invited to.
An old friend is having a grad party tonight and didn't invite me, but my best friend is going.
I was going to make plans just so I wouldn't feel so guilty and bad about being a loser, but I'm tired from work. Lately I've just been trying to make plans with some people not because I want to go, but because I don't want to feel friendless.

How can I not feel this way? Just telling myself "you do have friends" doesn't help too much. It's mostly especially knowing my best friend has other friends that he hangs out with.
>>
File: 1501726932611.jpg (166KB, 978x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501726932611.jpg
166KB, 978x1000px
I'm there. I'm not really sure how I move on. I've got a couple friends that I know I can call but they live so far away I don't wanna inconvenience them.

Sorry I dont much have advice. I guess in reality you can't force friendships, but you can at least put yourself out there. Start conversations, be awkward, fail over and over. There are probably shittier and more boring people out there with decent social lives, so there's always hope.
>>
The underlying issue here is that you're pinning your self-worth entirely on other people. So if you want to feel better about yourself, you're gonna have to find another source of self-satisfaction. You need to get a life outside of your social circle, or lack thereof. There are a few different ways of achieving this.

You could get a hobby or two, if you're feeling unfulfilled, to take up your time and give you something to focus on. If however you want a better social life specifically, then you need to make new friends. This is where hobbies come in handy, since things like conventions and meetup groups will cater specifically to whatever youre interested in.

And if you REALLY want to party for the sake of partying, then go out by yourself. It'll be awkward and challenging at first to break out of your shell, but with enough practice you can have fun and even meet new people that might want to hang out with you more.

Good luck.
>>
>>18596407

It feels like you are just jealous. Jealous of your best friend having other friends. Jealous of people with more active social lives than yours.
>>
>>18596710
I am jealous, I am asking how to feel confidence within myself and not feel like this.
>>
>>18596721

Find things of value to do. Make yourself valuable to yourself.
>>
You gotta stop comparing your life to other people's. Everyone has their own walk through this life and it's not a race. If you want (for yourself) to make more friends, then do it but if you feel like you would feel better about yourself if you had friends, it wouldn't make a difference. You'd just find some other deficiency to rationalize your low self esteem, and it's a crappy way to use people. I've been on the other side of someone using me to make them feel better about themselves and it's very unpleasant to say the least.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.