[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR Life passing my by, career and life advice? I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Life_2d8fa7_550894.jpg (49KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
Life_2d8fa7_550894.jpg
49KB, 640x495px
TL;DR Life passing my by, career and life advice?

I feel like I placed fairly well on the genetic lottery but I'm fucking it up. I'm a decent looking and fairly fit 28 year old Canadian Software Developer. Relatively intelligent, learned Japanese and Game Design in my spare time. Main hobbies are Games, Novels, and Anime.

However I screwed up High School and University. I didn't network friends at all and I'm still a virgin. Those years blew past me at breakneck pace and I found myself in a okay software developer job, but not a career. Now I feel like all those amazing experiences I enjoyed from games, books, and anime went from being possible, to no longer an option. I foolishly believed I had a chance at those fantastical scenarios and only just now realizing I have to actually be proactive about doing something with my life.

How do I decide what to do in life and in my career, how do I prioritize in what little time I have left to achieve some memorable things?

I could try to get into the games industry and maybe I would enjoy creating games but horror stories about life consuming crunch are even worse in my scenario.

I could go for a more typically software developer job, I may be bored with the day to day soulless work but I'd have more pay, time off, and time for life.

I could go for the JET program and teach English in Japan, but that has it's own horror stories and making friends and girlfriends doesn't sound easy there. Maintaining my current friends/family with the timezone difference sounds like it would fuck me too.

How do I pursue losing my virginity, a girlfriend, and a wife? Make lifelong friends? I took a look at tinder and dating sites but found my hobbies that I thought were gaining in popularity aren't really, and I'm having to sift though hundreds of people that I don't think they or I would enjoy being around.

I pissed away my youth, can I regain some of it and where can I go from here?
>>
I used to live by the "milestones" in life. Almost treating it like a videogame:
>oh I'll feel better when I graduate college
>I'll feel better when I have a gf
>I'll be happy after I make $100k
But guess what, there's always another milestone to hit. There is no level cap or endgame. When you treat life like a series of events to complete you realize decades just flew past you.
Life is about experiencing the moment. Be it doing something new or sharing an experience with someone or as simple as taking a moment to meditate.
Stop thinking of life as a bunch of quests to complete and take the good with the bad and love it all because you're alive. You have a short little blip to experience so soak it all in.
>>
>>18595739

Reading your words I can feel a sort of freshness, you are still really young (I'm 30 btw).

It is actually a good thing. You feel like you are missing something and that is not in your past, is in your present as >>18595764 correctly pointed out.

My advice is write about your past and future, this will sort your confusion and help you state out what you really want. Then you should also be able to feel motivated to go whenever you want and to get back on your feet in spite of all bad things that could happen. I say so because human interaction is a never ending confrontation and it can be draining and painful from time to time.
>>
>>18595854
>you are still really young (I'm 30 btw).

lmfao.

>guiz ur still really young at 40, no srsly your life is only 2/3 over but ur still young.
>>
>>18595913

See, OP?

this is the kind of douchebags you have to fight. They are easy to beat, but they are really high in number.
>>
>>18595739
Of the three options, which do you want to do most? I think you should go with the one you'll enjoy the most and would like to make a career out of.
>>
>>18595938
What was op doing for the last 10 years? Going to school at 30? Fucking fail. I mean, talk about being creepy as fuck.
>>
>>18596077

yeah, partying is definitely worth it. You cannot miss that, you are a failure if you don't go to parties.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.