[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Counter-terrorism job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (61KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
61KB, 530x530px
Ok guys, is there anyone with experience in counter-terrorism agencies or similar entities (by working for them would be best, but anything is fine) who could give a eurofag suggestions about the competences needed to join them, preferably as an analyst? I'm currently studying economics and finance at university (almost done) and self teaching arab, and I was thinking about learning cryptography and cryptoanalysis. Would that suffice? Would I need to master a programming language too? If so, which one is preferable? Will I be discarded if I don't have some sort of certification? Also, am I nuts and dreaming too much?
Just to add some context, the thing is that I'm quite confident in my learning and investigative skills (inb4 "autism") and I find that to be the perfect job, because it would be fulfilling, socially useful and most importantly, since I hate being at the center of attention and interact with too many people for useless reasons, nobody will give a shit and know about you except those who work with you
>>
The best way into a job as such would be going through the military or the police. Once inside such an organization it would be easy to specialize in the subject. I'm sure that the most important things you'll need to know is the language
>>
>>18595335
Ah, piblixally declaring your criminal intent on a website that travks your IP. Clever move.

Wait, not clever, whatever the opposite of that is...

Retarded. Retarded move.
>>
>>18595382
Thank you for the answer. Yeah, I thought about that and it seems to be the most common and obvious way, but I was widening the subject because in my country you can also, among the other things like public competitions, directly submit your resumee to intelligence agencies, and of course the intention was to make a difference because it's obvious that tons of people are sending them. With the plus that those skills will come in handy once I'm in

>>18595396
I'm not sure whether I should bit the bait, you're just too drunk to understand a question, or is some sort of autistic joke
>>
>>18595480
You're right. Completely misread the thread. Running on 3 hours of sleep and a monster here.
>>
>>18595480
They will probably flag you as a racist and give your details to antifa or something because you imply terrorists are inherently arab
It would make an impression though if you also spoke Russian, Chinese, Hebrew, etc and had some understanding about modern guerrilla tactics
>>
>>18595653
Kek at the first part. Dunno, that could also imply that I'm doing enough things that I can't be willing to learn all the languages spoken by terrorists and I'm picking the most common one because, yes, most of systemic terrorist threats in europe come from or are somehow linked to arab countries, and they know it. Not sure they'd be thinking in such a politically correct way when national security's at stake.
As for the other thing, I'm not too much into the technicalities of warfare except for those of the wwII and weaponry (including ground and air forces vehicles, devices, instrumentation, this sort of shit), since it's hard to find comprehensive public documentation about modern warfare. Not having attended a military academy is leaving its mark, for sure, ugh. But now that you mention it though, I'm thinking it might be actually really important giving it a better shot.
The second language also is a fair point but I'm already struggling with having enough free time so I'll leave it on stand by for now. About that maybe I'll ask in another thread when it's time, since each one of those is fascinating, useful and has weak points in its own way. And because of that the learning curve might be a strong factor in this.
And thank you, always appreciate good advice

>>18595554
Don't worry about it, I know what it means
>>
>>18595721
>Not sure they'd be thinking in such a politically correct way when national security's at stake.
Europe, right?

Jokes aside, just try and if it's not enough make sure to ask what they think of better requirements and apply them to yourself. Also, keep learning languages it is a tremendous advantage to have such a skill and not just as a government agent. Fighting crime and terrorism is about understanding it from the root and the ways it operates. Take an interest in politics, the law, statistics, history, and understand the differences between cultures from ideology to how petty things are handled.
I would want my counter terrorist organization to have these requirements for their employees and have them not slack in either of these subjects either. Knowledge is key and more is better. Chances are you'll be employed below your level of skill and possibly without much space to grow. I think you might be looking at a basic bureaucratic function, but I don;t know much.

Good luck anon you're on the right track.
>>
>>18595335
Yeah man I got like 4000 headshots in CSGO right now. I can tell you all about counter terrorism.
>>
>>18595721
Read Roger Trinquier's book, funnily enough called Modern Warfare. Also, military or police or certain sections of the civil service cover the area you're after. Watch the French tv series The Bureau for inspiration.
>>
Take the easy route: start a secret nationalist faction that terrorizes minorities.
>>
>>18595821
yep, this, since it's no big secret that most ultra-nationalist parties in Europe right now are led by agent provocateurs and full of informers.
Case in point: NPD in Germany, no disrespect to Herr Mahler.
>>
>>18595761
>Take an interest in politics the law, statistics, history

This shouldn't be a problem. I'm a big history nerd and I have a quite good law and statistics background because of my uni studies (even though about terrorism, ML and related crimes I pretty much self thought everything). Just the politics thing is a bit critical. I mean, I'm far from not knowing candidates, parties, programs, but I tend to avoid all the "novelistic" shit and don't dwelve too much into analyzing behaviours or press statements
>and understand the differences between cultures from ideology to how petty things are handled

This is something I considered only in part, because it would require living there for an extended amount of time, and I can't afford it right now. No idea if it can be done through books. I consider myself quite good with english language and history, but I still miss many things that I think I will never get unless I'll live in the uk, or us, or whatever. But yeah, fair point
>Fighting crime and terrorism is about understanding it from the root and the ways it operates

No problems here. I mean, there's always something new, be it new MOs, available instruments, techniques, but I'm doing what I can to cover all the main things
>Chances are you'll be employed below your level of skill and possibly without much space to grow. I think you might be looking at a basic bureaucratic function, but I don;t know much

I'm not expecting to be conducting investigations or analyses right off the bat. It's more likely I'd be at someone else's disposal with boring paperwork at first. That's also why I was interested in having someone who had experience's suggestions, because it's obvious that I'm not wiling to stick with that forever. I also perfectly know that directive roles are usually out of reach for a long time, but I hope there would be at least chance to do research stuff, like analysis on trends, forecasts, or investigation work, something to actively use the brain
>>
>>18595800
Thank you, very useful

>>18595789
Noob, I can kill people moving the mouse with my dick in CoD. Drunk. With the screen off. And no keyboard. That's how I learned to use an ak-47
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.