[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep conversations going with people? Even with my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484334370157.jpg (51KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
1484334370157.jpg
51KB, 500x672px
How do you keep conversations going with people? Even with my friends I have problems keeping a conversation going. We'll talk a little bit and then there will just be silence for a while. It's worse with people I don't know too well.
>>
Just ask questions. That's what I do when conversation stalls. People like to talk about themselves. So just ask a bunch of questions until a conversation starts
>>
"so... u lik memes xDD?". Ask about recent movies that came out or tv shows to find common interest. If that doesnt work then talk about their career and ask if they have any stories to tell about their job etc.
>>
>>18594534
Alright, faggot, listen up.

Any conversation you have has to have a point. A direction.
Even when you start randomly talking about some stupid shit like celebrities, movies, games, whatever, you need to have a point.

You ever notice how bitches SUCK at conversations? How every time they open their mouths you just space out?

It's because theyre talking about fucking NOTHING. That is what you sound like.

Im guessing youre a guy (faggot) so it shouldnt be hard to conversate because men are philosophical. We can talk about dumb shit all day like "would you fuck so and so for this or so and so for that" but if youll notice we can get pretty deep into why we would or wouldnt.

Now, thats first step. Practice talking to yourself or in your thoughts about any particular topic that you have a question about. It helps you with "fleshing out" your thoughts for a conversation.

Kinda like how you chat with someone and after they leave you think to yourself "fuck I could have said this and it would have been great!"
That happens because that conversation was the only opportunity you had to flesh out your thoughts on that topic.

So think to yourself to avoid that scenario in the future.
1/??
>>
>>18595323
Next thing to work on is engagement.

Have you ever talked so much that at some point you said, to yourself, "fuck I think Im droning on."

If you havent thought that then you dont say enough or youre an asshole with no filter.

Always ask questions.

Not just any questions though. They have to be open ended, about the topic and it also has to be about them.

Yesterday I was talking to my brothsr in law about bitches. My point was that bitches are dumb. Ive spent a good minute thinking to myself about it and had some good logical points, so I shared that with him.
Then I asked him questions like "What is it that bitches do that drive you crazy" or "Have you been with any bitch that does so and so" (the so and so being related to what Im talking about).

Questions are important, not just to make the listener be engaged, but to also guage their interest in your topic.

If the other person seems disnterested or replies with shitty answers, quickly end that topic and start another. Dont make it obvious. Just link it up to something else that is kinda related.

Dont EVER ask anyone to tell you a story unless you know that they like to talk or know how to talk. Most people suck at conversating so handing the torch to them is pointless because they wont do anything with it.

2/??
>>
>>18595356
Next point is cadence.

No one wants to listen to a fucking dial-tone.

When you have something secret or unbelievable, you whisper. If you have something grandiose, you yell. Balance volume and pitch so you create a symphony of words.

Listen to stand up comedians. They have a way of telling stories that make you feel engaged. Bill Burr has that boston sound where he goes higher pitch/louder when he is asking a frustrated question, Louis CucK does the awkward confused tone when he's talking about how stupid he or someone else is.

Conversating is like acting. Your voice has to match whatever emotion youre describing. If you are talking about some asshole, dont sound bored or monotone.

Put some passion in your voice so that people will want to listen to you and keep conversating.

1/???
>>
>>18595377
Pacing.

You need to give people a break to soak in the topic you are going on about. You can do that with questions but what works better is laughter.

I could be wrong but I believe there was an article on what laughter really is. You laugh when you learn something new. Stand up makes people laugh because they LEARN new perspectives that the comic introduced to them. You laugh when you learned that squeezing your chin together can look like a twat if you have stubbles. It's not ground breaking knowledge, you just never saw it that way before till then.

If you get people to laugh that means you are saying stuff, no matter how small, that they never thought about before and laughing verifies that what youre talking about has something behind it and they get a chance to laugh and take a breather from you talking.

Other things you can do is tell your story or conversate by slowing down when youre telling something intense/scary/unbelievable, normal pace when it's nothing too important, and slow again.

Dont ever talk fast or mumble near the end of your sentences. It shows you dont believe in what youre saying or care. Others will pick it up and they wont give a shit either.

Remember to mix CADENCE with PACING.

Alright Im gonna stop here. Doesnt seem like anyone is around so Im going to blaze it. Best of luck and dont be a bitch.
>>
Not OP, but thanks anon. I've also been wondering about this.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.