[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Run out of distractions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1401550416509.jpg (35KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1401550416509.jpg
35KB, 396x388px
My core issue is that nothing really makes me happy, I have no passion, nothing drives me, no path in life. Thusfar I've been able to distract myself with hedonistic pleasures to bide the time until either I find meaning to my life or die. Problem is, none of my usual distractions are working anymore. I got completely bored of vidya, I mean can't even boot up osu or Overwatch for a minute without closing it in disgust. Can't read because brainlet, tried fiddling with Linux just ended up frustrated, music I used to like just sounds stupid now, can't even finish a single episode on an anime. LSD no longer rocks my worldview, now it just makes me feel weird, alcohol is the only thing that numbs me effectively anymore but I know that habit won't last long before I get bored of that, too. What do?
>>
Travel. If you have the money, you don't even have to leave the country. If you're on the west coast, drive down to L.A. East, visit Florida and hire a prostitute. Doesn't matter.

Just do something fucking spontaneous, maybe you'll find something worth while out of that, maybe even end up moving some place new. Change the world's wallpaper. It helped me.
>>
>>18594451
I've traveled and it did nothing. I went on a school exchange to Germany, I enjoyed it a lot but like everything else once it was over nothing was new and I was back to having no purpose to my life. Aber ich habe mein Deutch verbessert.
>>
There's a world outside your room man, go out and experience some stuff. Join a club - sports, film, cooking, biking, hiking, whatever. Volunteer to do some charity work for a cause you care about, it can be incredibly rewarding. I did it for the first time not long ago and loved it, met loads of new people. Just don't let the internet alone colour your perception of life.
>>
>>18594457
It's not that I don't try new things, it's that none of it does anything for me. I don't get any lasting emotional response from activities, online or offline.
>>
>>18594469
What do you expect to get from these things that you try? Genuine question.
>>
Same here. I don't care about much of anything. Currently going to college just to not disappoint my parents.

Just going with the flow of life for now. If something comes along and makes me care about life, great. If not, oh well. I'm just keeping busy until I die.
>>
>>18594505
I'm expecting to find something that drives me, a passion, something that, while I may be new to now, I am so interested in that I'm willing to spend my hours working towards it and dedicating my time to it. Like artists who are always drawing, or musicians always playing their instruments. It's not just a mindless activity to them, it's a skill that they've put effort into not out of necessity but because they felt passionate about it.

>>18594506
We're kindred spirits, you and I
>>
working is the best distraction

used to be a NEET, found a fast paced job at a bar/venue in the city, pay is average, but my mind is always occupied
>>
>>18594572
This
If you have no passion
Working non stop will distract you enough to allow you to enjoy things again.

If you have all the time in the world, what value does that time have?
>>
>>18594520
Have you tried doing art or music? Even if you feel shitty at it, you can hone your craft to make something unique.
>>
>>18594592
I've been playing guitar for many years, I've gotten decent at it but I feel no passion for it and I have absolutely 0 creative ability so I can't actually write songs. Used to draw a lot as a kid but I don't really care anymore.
>>
>>18594448
Come to Jesus. Let his love fill your void and overflow.
>>
>>18594617
I want to believe but I don't. I was raised Catholic so I can't be casual and halfhearted if I want to return to Christianity, I'm either in or out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.