[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommate/Best Friend Issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3966.jpg (276KB, 647x1149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3966.jpg
276KB, 647x1149px
So, I'm a college student who lives in student housing. I've lived with the same roommate for nearly a year and a half. We're great friends, we get a long great and I've had some intense conversations with the guy about some pretty heavy shit. I'd venture to say that he's one of my best friends. Although I don't know if the feeling's mutual as I tend to get emotionally attached to friends fairly quickly.

Anyways, the last month or so, I've been thinking of moving out.

Reasons being:

He's younger than me and while I'm ready to focus on my career and studies, he's more interested in partying and being popular. He's not from the US and has had a hard time dealing with not being known as he was in his home country.

He's very "I want to live life to the fullest", even if it blatantly goes against his own ethics and morals. This includes doing coke in the bathroom of a sleazy bar. Shit like that. Which would be fine although people with self-destructive tendencies tend to be leaching in my experience. I think you have every right to do what you want. It's your life. But so does everyone else and that justifies people not wanting to be around someone they don't share the values with. I've been called judgemental for that by him, which I wouldn't mind if it hadn't been said as an insult.
>>
>>18594403

Cont.

He cheated on his girlfriend (she's from his home country) who he's still with and refuses to tell her. She's 16-17 and a sweetheart. Now this may be pathetic but it's really bothering me. Especially as despite everything he's done, "at least I've never cheated" has been his last redeeming trait. It wouldn't have been as bad had I not been the one to find him in the act. I told him the right thing to do would be to tell her and give her the choice to stay or not. Ya know, be a bigger man and just do it. But he's afraid of her leaving him and he has this romantic idea in his head of the pained lover who endures his mistakes for her happiness in ignorance. Now anytime I see a Snapchat of them together (as he's back there now), I just feel so bad for her and so disgusted by him. She's very much in love with him. He says he loves her too. Idk.

What do you guys think? Half of me wants to just cut it off and let sleeping dogs lie. Let him do his thing with her and wish them the best. He's happy with her and if it pisses me off that bad, it's just not good for me to be around. Even if he is supposedly my "best friend". Am I being a judgemental asshole? Some advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18594407
Find a way to tell her. Prefarably anonymously.
Either way just fucking move out. You don't like the guy anymore. You could also just say you want to meet new people.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.