[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me help my friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 12606407_f520.jpg (59KB, 520x716px) Image search: [Google]
12606407_f520.jpg
59KB, 520x716px
Hey /adv/, I am in desperate need of some way to tell my friend he needs to get away from his family, and I just cant seem to bring myself to do it in fear of ruining our friendship.
>my friends 20, im 19
>we've been friends since 2nd grade
>he went to uni away from our home town, but still in state
>his dad died when he was 14
>he has basically raised his other two siblings and is pretty much the only father his younger half-sister has ever known
>his mother is horrifyingly codependant of him
>his mother basically followed him to college and never let him grow up
>it got so bad that he dropped out after his first year and moved back home
>he's working full time for the highschool that we both graduated from, just to turn around and give his paycheck back to his mother
>none of the rest of the family even attempts to care for themselves/their house
>their living in complete squalor while he runs around behind them trying to keep up (his sister has FAS syndrome and is incontinent)
I've basically watched my best friend slowly dying while his family has leeched the life out of him. My issue with bringing it up to him is that he's so convinced that they couldn't live without him that he's completely stopped any and all of his social life just to take care of his mother and his siblings. I've brought up going back to college to him, but he avoids the conversation. I leave tomorrow back to college ( the one he went to for a year) and I want to try to talk to him about it before I leave. Any advice on how to approach this is appreciated.
>>
>>18594385
Give him Metamorphosis by Kafka.
>>
>>18594385
Precisely what business is this of yours?

Do you have so little respectfor your friend that you assume he isn't aware of his own life? And if he is aware, is it remotely possible that he chooses this life, for reasons beyond you?
>>
>>18594666
>Precisely what business is this of yours?

They are close friends. Dont be an ignorant ass, they are not strangers. No he does not have the right to tell him what to do but he SURE AS HELL has the right to tell him what he thinks.

And if you think different, you need some real friends, mate.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.