[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1501487341225.jpg (91KB, 635x627px) Image search: [Google]
1501487341225.jpg
91KB, 635x627px
What are the best pieces of advice you've ever received from anyone?

Here's mine. Keep your options open, but know when to make a commitment and stick with it all the way. This way you won't miss out on better opportunities you didn't allow yourself to take and you won't lose opportunities you could have fought for.
>>
One should be hope-less. One should not hope for anything.
>>
>>18594279
Interesting. I've never thought of hope as a bad thing, while I dismissed faith as weak nonsense. Is there really no advantage to hope, I feel that I agree that hope is useless and for the weak-minded, yet I have hope for all kinds of things. Thanks for the advice, good to know.
>>
to chant Hare Krishna
>>
>>18594266
I read this in a green text story about an anon meeting "the dude" as a kid and he was told "that the desire to cheat is never has strong as the desire to have not have cheated"
Also, bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
>>
This perspective is exactly what I am going through right now. I want to keep my career opportunities open to areas like finance when I have already committed so much into my education in chemistry. To an actual chemist I may have barely put in any real commitment, but I'm currently debating whether I want to go through with my masters or not because of the fear if this was the wrong opportunity.
>>
>>18594338
Would you rather go into finance or chemistry? If you can't decide, flip a coin and assign heads to chemistry and tails to finance. When the coin lands, before you see the coin, think of which side you hope you got (heads or tails). Whatever side you hope you got is what you truly want.

If you already know you want chemistry, go for your Master's. If you want to go into finance see if you can get a job there with a Master's in chemistry and if not then get a Finance degree or whatever you need.
>>
>>18594338
What do you want out of your career? Money? To work in a field you're passionate about our interested in? Stability?
>>
>>18594315

The world is unreliable, unpredictable, and unstable, why should I expect anything from it? It will lead to disappointment and suffering.

Instead one should not expect a thing from this world or from anyone. That way you can only pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: 1500691713075.jpg (56KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
1500691713075.jpg
56KB, 500x701px
>>18594338
I have a PhD in chemistry. In general masters are for people in the military or as consolation prizes to those that opt out of a PhD. If you are a chemist and don't want to a PhD but want a master's, look into materials science masters in engineering department.
>>
>>18594266
All teachings, ideologies and rules of life are too simple to cover the complex world. Don't let them make your thinking too rigid.
>>
>>18594421
Also on that note,

The great Professor John B Goodenough said at a conference.

"Don't listen to critics that say it cannot be done, do the experiment and find out yourself"
>>
>>18594266
Don't eat the yellow snow
>>
learn to become a skilled vagina muncher

wish I had a cute vagina to munch on rn
>>
Absolute love does not exist in a person but in a commitment of two absolutely intelligent people.

And it is the only shared value.

All other values are not shared, even the love for your parents or the parents for you.
>>
>>18594266
Letting go is always the hardest thing in life. Coincidentally it's also one of the most common.
>>
>>18594266
Never took it seriously because it seemed, yeah, no shit, no one would try it but I twisted shit in my head to believe in this one case it didn't apply. Let me tell you for goddamn certain you cannot make whore into a housewife.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.