[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot smile properly. The best that I can manage is a wry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I cannot smile properly.

The best that I can manage is a wry smirk or a soulful gaze. Many of my friends have commented on the fact that I seem to wear a perpetual slight smirk. This is quite unfortunate when it comes to photographs because the person taking the photo (generally a family member) will usually demand a more expressive smile, but it's something I simply can't force. Baring my teeth would make me look like an escaped patient from the mental ward. The usual effect is an exaggerated smirk which, when combined with my tendency to blink in photos, makes me look like a retarded pedophile.

I understand that most of smiling is accomplished through the eyes, but this is something that I just can't fake (at least not without a mirror). I wonder if people look at these photos and see the emptiness and depression bleeding through, or just a creep?

Is it possible to learn how to smile, or is it impossible for a 'broken' person like me? Even if I can't feel happiness, I can at least look that way, right?
>>
I have the same issue you have so enjoy your bump
>>
Who cares. It's your own unique smile. Are people really giving you shit for the way you smile? If so you got bigger underlying problems.
>>
>>18593481
From someone who has a nice smile and really expresive but doesn't smile often: don't force it, specially not in photos. People will call you angry or serious (like if it was bad) but its better than look forced on photos, really. When you are having a good time you will smile genuily, and thats all that matters.
>>
>>18593481
No, it's not accomplished through the eyes. Look at every instagram whore and they fake their smiles.
You don't need to show your teeth to seem like your smile is genuine. But if you don't show your teeth then don't try to open your mouth to it's widest, then it'll look fake. And also, if you go for this kind of smile try to look as confident as you can.
Pic related is a quite a good example.
>inb4 I can see his teeth.
It merely shows a little of them instead of his whole mouth like most smiles.
Just practice it in front of a mirror, meanwhile try to remember how much you sretch your muscles and then start practicing with a phone.
>>
>>18593481
Why are you so stressed out about family pictures? Practice in front of a mirror.
>>
I feel you OP. It's been a problem from such a young age that I feel the need to actively avoid any form of camera exposure even as an adult now.
>>
>>18594182
In this day and age, family pictures aren't something that's strictly distributed within the family. They're posted on facebook where all your friends and romantic prospects and intelligence agencies can see.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.