[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: stack-of-cigarettes.jpg (68KB, 1000x796px) Image search: [Google]
stack-of-cigarettes.jpg
68KB, 1000x796px
Is there any reason I should smoke? I tried some out of curiosity a few weeks ago and I occasionally smoked once or twice every week since then. I don't like the smell it leaves on my fingers and on myself, since I'm 18 I guess I sound dumb but I feel like it makes me look "cool" too. Especially since a lot of my friends openly smoke cigarettes and weed (I don't). I don't have a problem with drinking or smoking hookah, but I wouldn't mind having a smoke with my beer when I'm out with friends. Should I smoke in these cases?
>>
>>18593348
Don't do it. Oh my god, there is nothing in this life I regret more than ever starting smoking.
>>
>>18593348
Probably not related, but my dad never drinks or smokes (age 45), and he always tells stories of how people confuse him for someone in their 20s. Unless you want to look like a prune in your 40s, you probably shouldnt smoke
>>
Absolutely don't pick it up as a habit. If you have to do it, make rules for yourself. Eg "I can only smoke after I've already gotten drunk" (which only works as a rule if you do not get drunk most days). Then STICK to it.

Smoking
>increases your risk not just for lung cancer but for any kind of cancer at all
>makes your breath, your clothes, your hair and your bodily juices smell (and in case of the latter, taste) like shit
>makes your teeth yellow
>numbs your sense of smell
>impacts your stamina and causes erection disorders over time
>is expensive as fuck
>is really hard to knock off if you have a fully fledged addiction
>is a dealbreaker to many people when it comes to dating

And all of this for what? A minute of relaxation? No. Just smoke weed.
>>
I quit two weeks ago and i will never go back. You just feel like shit when you smoke and feel even worse when you don't. The more and longer you do it the harder it is to quit. When you try to quit it drives you up a wall through anxiety and cravings. Tobacco literally only attracts the young and dumb, so save yourself my man.
>>
You tried smoking, ok fair enough. Then you contained to smoke every week, ok at this point you're just a smoker. Smoking to look cool is retarded, people will think you are stupid.
>>
>>18593348
drop that shit immediatele before its too late.
>be 23, smoking since 15
>try to quit smoking
>cant
btw its expensive as fuck, dont waste your money
>>
>>18593348
I was once like you. I started smoking when I was 18 cause my friends smoked weed a cigarettes. Honestly I have quit 3 times now and it is one of the hardest things I've done. Don't smoke anymore as I am turning 20 soon and I didn't like what it was doing to me. No stamina, always cold, snappy without one and prone to blowing up. Now I'm battling a chest infection as a result
>>
>>18593348
Smoking will inevitably and necessarily lead to one of two possible outcomes:
>it kills you painfully after years of not wanting to quit despite clearly losing quality of life
or
>at some point you start to feel as though tobacco is making you sick and this is when you make the choice to quit forever, leading to regret that you ever started because you will still live with the damage of years of smoking and the addiction (which is the only thing that makes people want to keep smoking, their psyche can't cope with the intense, persistent withdrawal).

It's a loose loose situation my friend. Don't fall for it. You are already in too deep seeing as you're already glorifying the act of poisoning yourself. The addiction takes stage in your psyche and this is why you will constantly be convinced of reasons to light another cigarette.
>>
>>18593348
It does nothing for you. You don't get high, it doesn't make you look cool, it doesn't make socializing any more enjoyable, it doesn't make beer taste better, it doesn't make life any better in any way. Even if you can rationalize the health risks away, you're essentially blowing money on nothing.
>>
File: asshole.jpg (80KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
80KB, 640x427px
>>18593348
Smoking is perceived as "looking cool" because of the tobacco industry paying hollywood to market their products. Ever consider what those femme fatales in noire films smell like? Not to mention that in the movie industry, most of the time the actors aren't even smoking real tobacco, but "stunt tobacco" (which looks better on camera).

There's no reason except other than convincing yourself that you look cool smoking. When it becomes a pack-a-day habit, you'll have to "look cool" by yourself most of the time.

Don't associate smoking with having a fun time. That's when you'll start slipping.

Also: ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
>>
>>18593348
it retards your emotional growth and costs money

but while you are young it is cool. just take up the habit for a few years them quit it.

i smoked from19-21. I'm 26 now. unironically yolo
>>
>>18593551
W2C some stunt tobacco, shit sounds rad
>>
I only ever smoke when i'm getting drunk otherwise it's silly. It's nice to go outside to the smoking area and chat to strangers. I think i've only ever pulled whilst having a ciggie to be honest
>>
>>18593348
>be me
>smoking since 15
>very light smoker at the beginning, smoking sometimes while listening to music and stuff, a pack lasted me for a month or more
>be 18, start college, hang with party people, doing drugs.. smoking is more like a habit, do a pack in few days and
>realize i smoke more and faster as i go on
>realize this is how lots of people die
>still could not stop completely but i never buy nor smoke when im alone, only with friends sometimes
>>
Don't do it, even smokers hate smoking
>>
>>18593348
Don't try to smoke.
I've been stress smoking since my first college year and it's the worst regret ever.

It's not worth the social opportunities it offers.
>>
>>18593356
this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.