[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression symptoms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: hhhhhh.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhh.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
I'm unsure if i'm depressed or not.
Here are things i recognize and feel:
>I'm empty
>Feel like i'm a fail, lost cause (like i'm never going to reach anything)
>I haven't felt genuinely happy for 3 years now
>I can be happy in the moment,
but it lasts for seconds (occasionally)
>Feel like i want to cry
>Also have OCD, and SAD
>Suicidal thoughts
>Existential dread

What is my status, i suspect depression, but i really don't want to make assumptions.
>>
>>18592978
you're depressed.
>>
Welcome to the club bro, enjoy your worthless stay
>>
>>18592978

Depression is a meme.

Think about it, who decides if you are happy or not? The obvious answer its you right? Now, ask yourself what price are you giving to your happiness? You dont know? You most certainly do, in fact you mention one

>i'm never going to reach anything

I am going to guess there is more than that into it. No gf, no money, anxiety, social awkwardness (just mentioning the common ones). Now i ask you, have you ever seen a kid depressed? They dont overthink happiness nor put requirements to it like you are doing when thinking that you are a failure, you compare yourself to some expectation or ideal that its not real and only established by external influence.

In short, the key to happiness and contempt is found within, we can not control outside influences in our lifes. In fact more often than not things are not going to work the way we want them to work and that is ok. Learn about yourself, try to think more on what makes you happy rather that sad and you will soon start figuring out your path.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>18593102
You're right and wrong at the same time. Depression usually has some very real reason, like failing at something, not achieving something. But fixing the reason usually does not fix depression, because after long period of feeling down, your brain adjusts to neurotransmitters being all fucked up and keeps them that way.
>>
>>18593119

I disagree.

I have seen different sides of the picture, meet all kind of people and social classes, from the rich to the homeless, from first world to the most unfortunate places. Happiness its most definitely established by preconceptions and this is why some time the less fortunate manages to be happier than otherwise ''successful'' people. Its all mental and tied to perception of reality, a reality which varies immensibly to our life experiences and ergo expectations based on them.

There is of course chemistry involved but its foundations are psychological and in a sense, ''spiritual''
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.