[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being ignored by GF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1314688382910.jpg (733KB, 1988x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1314688382910.jpg
733KB, 1988x1086px
Hello,

First of all I'm not entirely sure what kind of advice is offered here but I'd like an outside perspective regardless. So my GF and I live 60 miles apart but we see each other every weekend with one of us staying at the others, so a fortnite ago I come home from hers and everything is fine. The week progresses and I'm asking about plans for the weekend, a few days go by and the weekend passes as I didn't want to turn up unannounced, I do eventually get a response but they're very dismissive and one word answers.

Same situation again last weekend, trying to make plans, one word replies normally hours if not days later. Then this morning a few pictures of her appear on Facebook of her at a club with some college friends (we both left college 5 years ago) who she is barely in contact with, well as far as I was aware.

I'm planning on taking the second half of the week off and just turning up and see what is happening in a few days since online attempts aren't getting anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure what to think, if there was something serious or an issue wouldn't it be better to get it out in the open? All sorts are circling in my mind making me wonder if I have done something. Am I just paranoid? Any input on this would be appreciated.
>>
she's bored with you and terrible at relationships. a girl who doesn't talk to you is not a girlfriend. end it dude.
>>
Very likely that she's tired of the distance and found somebody else at that club. Sexual desires are fickle and demanding. Don't take it as gospel but be aware. She might be playin you. Wait silently for a week and if she doesn't persue you assume that the relationship is over and move on. I wouldn't take time off if I were you. Idle hands do the devil's work while greiving.
>>
>>18592629
Our culture likes to think that proper, well-adjusted adults are independent and don't need others. However, we rely on close loved ones to provide us with comfort, support, and acceptance, much like a child relies on a parent. When we encounter something that threatens that bond, real or not, it sets off our panic system. With a secure attachment, we quickly realize there is not real threat. For those with weaker bonds, people generally do one of two things: get clingy or aggressive, or get distant and withdrawn.

Maybe something has happened, or some things have happened, where she feels like the relationship has been threatened. Rather than admit that she's feeling sad, scared, or just hurt about this in general, she may be withdrawing as a way to protect herself. You may not have even realized these things happening that pushed her away--everybody's got their own things that seem trivial to others but really set them off
>>
>>18592686
Thanks for the replies, I found the first half of this post really interesting.

I just can't figure out what's happened here, this time 2 weeks ago we were painting the bathroom then cooking dinner and watching old horror movies. Neither of us are particularly outgoing, I find the sudden change in behaviour the most confusing.

I'm not one for sending hundreds of messages or contacting her ebay account etc etc but I do feel somewhat isolated I suppose? Since I'll have to wait until this time next week or hopefully sooner depending on what my boss says to get an explanation. There's this knot in my stomach, it's going to be a long week.
>>
>>18592747
Yeah, the shift can happen very quickly, sometimes even in the middle of a conversation. If this is unusual behavior for her, there might be some problem she's having but doesn't want to talk about. Her withdrawing to her friends would make sense, when women withdraw they often turn to others in their support system.

Some people withdraw and shut down to keep the peace. They don't want to upset their partner or be the one to announce that something's wrong because they're afraid of the situation escalating and seriously threatening the relationship.

Whatever her problem is, it might not have been something you did. There's all sorts of reasons doubts can start to pop up into our heads, and if she doesn't feel safe enough to turn to you (but don't feel like this is your fault if this is the case, might be past experiences reminding her to run away to lick her wounds rather than try to let you heal them), she may be withdrawing
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.