[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get girlfriend without friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1501803794497.jpg (32KB, 342x260px) Image search: [Google]
1501803794497.jpg
32KB, 342x260px
>20 years old
>All of the girls around my age are gone from neighborhood
>Only left with immature teenage girls that I can't even approach because it's illegal
>Even more sexually frustrated than I was in high-school, and I can't stop staring at the first cute girl I see

This is the absolute worst.
Is anyone else stuck in my shoes?

I can't even go to Wal-mart to get a girlfriend because it's considered creepy, and I don't have the mental fortitude to keep it up. Does anybody know what to do? There are no cute girls at my job. They're all 30-40. A part of me doesn't want to get a girlfriend from a bar as I'm more likely to hit shit there than anywhere else.

I've already got a good job coming, so college is a no-go.
>>
>>18592552
I can't compete with the other men on Tinder on top of this, and I don't think it's a good place to meet a good girl. It seems to be more for cummies than anything else.
>>
This is my life except I'm 22. It's hell.
>>
Same boat, but age of consent is 17 here and I have a new 17 yo Co worker. Confirmed to be going thru a bit of a hoe phase. Perfect time to take advantage. I'm 21 btw
>>
>>18592552
Go join a club, be active in your community, do some good for society.

This will help you get over your loneliness, and you're more likely to make friends, which in turn will help you find a girlfriend.

This is what helped me at least.
>>
>>18592609
OP here,
I think I'm going to have to lie to who-ever I meet just to become their friend, and then, I have to maintain that bullshit just to get a girl I probably won't like.

I've always had difficulty in making genuine friends, so it's gonna be fucking rough.
>>
>>18592616
>I think I'm going to have to lie to who-ever I meet just to become their friend

How come? Why do you think that?
>>
>>18592601
I don't even see anything wrong with that.
A 17 year old can consent perfectly fine, and they're not gonna be much smarter when they're 20.
>>
>>18592632
Because I've never been able to connect to most human beings I meet for whatever reason.

Most people value totally different things from me. It was inconceivable to me that strip clubs are a reality, and it was upon entering one that I realized how radically different I see the world from the average human being.

It might just be my personality type (INFP), but I have no real idea.

I feel fine around a lot of people that are 40 years old as they understand me, but I don't connect to them.
>>
>>18592601
smash
>>
>>18592647
Personality types are a meme. Stop using it as an excuse for why you've given up on connecting with people.
>>
>>18592647
Look, I used to think the same. I used to think I was alone in this world because nobody really understands me and I wasn't able to make any good friends because, well, I thought I couldn't find any common ground, not being able to connect to anybody. Or so I thought.

It wasn't until I signed up for a university project which forced me to actually interact with peers, that I realized that this was only some make-believe bullshit I told myself to justify my own loneliness. I didn't connect to anybody, because I didn't want to.

People are different, and they will definitely have different views from you. You just have to find those that you agree with the most, but you can only do that by actually going out interacting with all kinds of people.

Also, self-improvement helps a lot. I stopped playing video games and started working out around the time I got into that project. This was also a confidence booster, and helped me with social interaction.
>>
>>18592670
>Personality types are a meme

Psychology is probably a meme too

There's a lot of speculation, and a lot of correlation, but there will never be conclusive evidence for a long time.

I'll have to lie to become friends. The alternative is total rejection.
>>
>>18592682
>Went to University and made friends with the people there

You don't count, my friend.
Universities have a totally different atmosphere from reality.

You're probably interacting with people you met there right now, and if you've got a job, you're working with people that went to a University.

It's totally different from interacting with strangers in the street.
>>
>>18592710
>>18592682
On top of this, Universities have more intuitives than any other place.

You, as an intuitive, are more likely to make a friend at University than the local bar.

You're influenced by the experiences you've had at University, and you extend them to the rest of reality and ignore incongruity.
>>
>>18592695
The Meyers-Briggs business came before psychology started using scientific methods. A mother and daughter came up with it. The mother was a magazine writer, the daughter was a mystery novelist. They based their personality types off of Carl Jung's 8 types. Carl Jung himself said "This kind of classification is nothing but a childish parlor game."

\
>>
>>18592746
What of the Big 5?
>>
>>18592746
On top of this, can you give me a source?
>>
>>18592780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NQqSnkI32A
I basically summarized the video, and the video provides sources for every point they make.

>>18592772
I'm unfamiliar with the Big Five, but if there have been studies published in peer-reviewed journals on it, it's most likely legit
>>
>>18592746
Also, I've really read into that quote, and the MBTI merely shows a general preference. Jung was saying that there's no individual that is strictly rigged into one way of thought (No one is explicitly an intuitive or an extrovert, etc) , and their actions vary accordingly.

People are too complicated to be reduced to letters, but there's a general preference that personality tests reveal, or there would really be no correlation between the MBTI and the Big Five.
>>
>>18592799
That's a fair point. I just feel like people rely too heavily on those types, sometimes to the point of where they feel limited on their behavior. Like people who think they'll never get friends purely because they're introverted and think all social interaction will be draining and exhausting
>>
>>18592811
I only believe this to be so due to the fact that I've gone throughout the entirety of my life having incredible amounts of difficulty relating to people on the basis of what they're interested in.

Sensors are real. I've gone throughout the entirety of my life constantly trying to be friends with sensors, and all of my friends turned out to be intuitives. It may never work-out, but I've got to try.

Thinkers are real, and feelers are real.
My father is an INTJ, and he constantly makes decisions on the basis of thought, not how it affects human-beings.

He consistently does this, and he's not even aware that he does so.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.