[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF mother issues.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: queen-victoria.jpg (120KB, 552x768px) Image search: [Google]
queen-victoria.jpg
120KB, 552x768px
I have a long term GF, 6 years now, we live together and are rather happy with each other.
We aren't the most financially secure, but we live below our means and like I said, happy. We live comfortably in a nice city, and in a nice part of it.

Anyways. Her mother, or I guess her parents, more her mother seems to love making life difficult for us. I am not sure why. but probably a year or so after we started dating she sort of turned against me, continually blaming me for things that have almost nothing to do with me, accusing me of abusing their good will, and taking advantage of them. Which, of course isn't true at all.
When we ask them for a favor, we make sure they are OK with it, otherwise we move on and find another way, but she seems to have held grudges on me, citing certain situations and then projecting them on current or future scenarios.
I cannot think of any time I could have severely upset her, but I guess I have. Even simple things that family are usually positively receptive to she turns into a huge deal.

Since we live in an apartment, we have some things in their basement, well she asks time and time again when will we move all the crap, I understand this, but they aren't short of space. I stored a car part in their garage covered for the winter till I could install it myself, and it was turned into a huge deal.
She continually makes it known that when my GF and I go to my side of the families gatherings that my mother is "Demanding" us to be there, when it's not like that at all. Those are just some situations.
She's extremely selfish, and to be honest it is sort of turning me off from her family as a whole. The constant judging and distrust makes me extremely uncomfortable to be around her, and I am not sure if I want to be part of a family where I am not accepted.

I love my GF, and since she's an immigrant her immediate family is all she has really. But I just do not enjoy their company anymore. wtf do I do?
>>
Tell your girlfriend to talk to her parents about how the way they treat you makes you feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed and if they have a big deal with you then the family needs to choose between the daughter and themselves. To be honest, unless you're some prick douchebag, you've been dating her for 6 years and should at this point be family.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be annoyed with being a storage facility (I think it would be annoying too), but if they're not utilizing this space I think they're overreacting. Granted, it's their right.

Try to come to an agreement if nothing else.
>>
>>18592513
They understand we do not have much space.
And allowed us to store some things, it's not much it's like a tent, my tool box and two boxes of things that would come in handy for our future.
And yes, they are not short of space, basement is almost completely empty and not utilized at all.

My GF has sort of hinted about their behavior, but never expressed my concerns. And she is in no way to make an ultimatum with them, as I said this is the only family she has really.
It's just frustrating as fuck, and it's driving me away, it's most like this is what her mother wants to happen.
>>
You cannot expect your girlfriend to break off contact with her family. That is a choice that will breed endless resentment if pushed on her, and will more likely result in a break up. So you have two choices. One is breaking up. The other one is doing all you can to accept her family while maintaining standards.

You are too focused on being in the right. Her mother no doubt IS selfish and unpleasant, but she's likely not going to change and you can only change your own behavior. So if she bitches about things you stored over at her place, you move them. Whether that means finding any friend willing to do you a favor, or renting storage space. Give her no excuses to bitch.

Secondly, your girlfriend is closer to them and has more goodwill and ideally she should be the one being the most firm with stuff. I recommend talking to her about this and making it very clear that if she doesn't put in more effort to keep interactions with her family reasonable, the relationship isn't going to survive. It is unacceptable that she implies that your mother is being demanding and again, ideally your girlfriend should be the one to nip that shit in the bud and tell her off.

Basically it all depends on your girlfriend's attitude here. Unless you decide it's a dealbreaker for you already.
>>
>>18592495
>she's an immigrant

Let me guess Asians hating whitey while living in a white country and a beta cuck taking it.

Why yu no marry a nice chinese docta? White dogs are everuuu.

Enjoy your happa spawn
>>
>>18592532
She's from England.
Even the story behind why they came over is rather sketchy and selfish as fuck. It's all starting to come together now actually.
>>
what race is she?
>>
>>18592495
Maybe she's eypecting you to be more of a provider
>>
>>18592648
I provide my GF with more than her mother knows. It's a long story but it involves depression and some fucked up shit I have put up with.

Her mother is rather spoiled, and when an issue comes along they just throw money at it to make it go away.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.