[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to like Gyming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1473760476729.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473760476729.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>male
>21
I have a history of being very thin (underweight) all my life. I never had major illnesses due to said weight issue.

I have also never been inherently non-sporty having practitioned and instructed martial arts (Taekwondo & Wing Chun) for over 10 years and now being an avid rock climber.

I have realised (maybe too late) that for a bloke my age, I have not payed enough attention my 'the aesthetics and build' (believing the mere ability to beat someone in a fight is enough).

For that I have trained with an experienced bodybuilder friend and gotten his input on counting cals and weight regimes.
But I have increasingly realised how inheritily monotone and unrewarding the gym activities themselves feel to me.
Also going through a hard personal time, I have found counting cals and eating 5-6 meals/day an annoying chore.
More often than not I found myself going lead climbing/bouldering instead.

I know that it would take at least 4 months of consistent multi-week food/training regimes to start seeing results.
But when I am at the gym I always catch myself wanting to do other sports.
>Any way to force yourself to gym?
>Are there alternatives?
>How do I stop myself from wanting to train kicking or working my crux instead?
>>
>>18592431
It became more of routine for me, just try going a set number of days each week and soon it will be wnd nature

Some alternatives are training at home, practicing a martial art, or practicing some other sport

Nothing is stoping you, train for your goals
>>
It gets easier imo when you start seeing change.

The first few days you will feel better you will stand straight and feel rock solid.

After a month you should see noticable change and that should encourage you to want to get to your ideal body.

After a while it will just become routine
>>
>>18592431
I'd guess you wont enjoy any of it before you see results, until which you'll just have to be disciplined.

I enjoy going to the gym because the act of lifting and the feeling of becoming stronger is gratifying.

However, I've always had a wide frame and been pretty overweight, so it doesn't take much for me to put on muscle.

Either you care about getting ripped, or you care about having fun and doing activities you naturally enjoy. The choice is yours.
>>
4 months of consistent multi-week food/training regimes to start seeing results? It took me one month of training, corrected my diet a bit and people started seeing results.
On the other hand, I have an exact same problem, but I think the trick is finding different exercise, and force yourself till it turns into a habbit. That worked out for me once
>>
>>18592440
As I said I have been a martial artist most my life. But that is the problem.

If I am bluntly honest I'd prefer training to be a competition climber than a pro 'builder.

But I realise how important it is to look large and built.

>>18592448
>>18592447
>>18592445
Although I have forced myself for 1-2 month to go to the gym at least 3 times a week I still found it annoying. It also impeded my climbing somewhat due to muscle strain.

The most annoying for me in my daily life has been the food. I had to make and carry around 4 meals a day while studying and biking around town. I felt all I was doing was looking for food or waiting to eat again. Eating that much also made me more tired and overall.
>>
>>18592461
My last year has been also plagued by personally stressful events so forcing myself has been extra hard.
>>
Any options?
>>
You've practiced a discipline like Taekwondo for 10 years and you think counting calories and eating meals every day is a chore?

You fucking stupid or something? You literally have discipline engraved into your DNA now. Stop making excuses and start counting your calories and gaining weight. This should be a cakewalk for you.
>>
>>18593282
It is not about continual training and discipline itself. Getting an equivilant of a brown belt in any martial art demands a certain minimum of dedication.

Keeping base fitness (10 pull ups, 25ish push ups, stretching for taekwondo) is not an issue. For example when I trained for spars or glueing hands. It felt very intrinsic and social.
Gyming to me does not.
The dynamics seem different.

Also non of my previous sports demanded such all encompassing dedication from me as in shopping specifically, forcing myself to over eat, making my life seemingly all about eating/counting.

Or am I doing something wrong.
>>
>>18593370
Okay? Then be a hungry skeleton all your life.

What is the answer you want? Yes sticking to a strict diet regime is difficult and demanding. Yes going to gym is hard to make yourself to do. Being physically fit and healthy while sticking to a nutritious diet is difficult.

Yes? This isn't some profound thought you've stumbled across. Literally millions of other people feel the exact same way. So either find some way to make it work or remain a scrawny fag bitching about tough it is like all the other people.
>>
>>18593384
Ok, this is the gist of it.
>Being physically fit and healthy [...] is difficult.
This is the problem. I am not doing this to go from a fat blob to manageably fit. Fitness wise I feel I am doing alright, I am merely doing this for aesthetic reasons. For chicks you mainly have to look big-fit, being fit and fight-ready is not enough.

I have tried gyming and it has made me feel miserable and very annoyed. It cut down on my ability to do sports I wanted to do and disturbed my ability to study because I was constantly tired from eating full meals. I found it very stressful.

I am asking whether there is a mindset I can change to love THE ACT of gyming. And get my mind off the thought that the activity itself is futile and vain and that I am not contributing to a greater skill (what I am doing in my other sports).
>>
>>18593458
While I attempted all this bb regime, I had to make myself feel worse about my own body that I actually feel.

In reality I have the fitness to pursue the sports and skills I want to acquire. If not I add them.

Squating for me never had that value. It was just a social necessity with no value to perceived myself. Even if I tell myself that I do it just get mad pussy, there is no causal guarantee that it will actually do so.
For this is will have sacrificed a lot of enjoyment and (my personal form of) quality of life.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.