[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it immoral to eat meat ? I am atheist but believe in laws of carma.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5395.png (523KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5395.png
523KB, 750x1334px
Is it immoral to eat meat ? I am atheist but believe in laws of carma.
>>
>>18591680

If eating meat is illegal, yo mama is going straight to hell.
>>
>>18591680
It's spelled Karma. And how can it be immoral to do something that our bodies evolved for? If we didn't eat meat our brains would have never developed to the size that allows us to contemplate whether eating meat is moral or not. Do you condem lions for eating gazelles?

What's immoral are the cruel practices in factory farming, not the act of eating meat itself. Unfortunately it's near impossible to eat meat regularly without supporting the disgusting livestock industry.
>>
Listen, I know summer's ending and you want to get your last minutes of shitposting in before the time runs out...but you do realize you're wasting time, right?

You could be out already playing games, fucking a hooker, or getting a job to pay for said hooker. You only have so much energy and time to give, and yet you're wasting it here?

If this is a genuine question, then you're one really dumb kid. Morals are only involved if the animal didn't die quickly enough and if the meat was raised to taste like shit.
>>
>>18591688
I think he believes in carma
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Carma
>>
>>18591680
>athiest
>cant speak karma correctly
>wonders about morality of eating meat
How's middle school going OP?
>>
File: 9ba.gif (2MB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
9ba.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>18591702
Carma huh?
What a silly belief system.
>>
File: 1491952031628.jpg (289KB, 1024x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1491952031628.jpg
289KB, 1024x1008px
>>18591680
>Karma
>Atheist
>Objective morality
Kek
>>
File: 1439804487388.jpg (20KB, 287x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439804487388.jpg
20KB, 287x480px
>>18591680
Yeah man don't you listen to the smiths?
MEAT IS MURDER
>>
>>18591688
I say fuck em, they are going to die to feed us either way, who cares how much they liked living?
>>
>>18591713

IKR
>>
It is also immoral to fucking breathe, you're stealing the oxygen produced by the trees!

THE LORAX IS GONNA KILL YOU!!!
RUN NIGGA RUN!!!
>>
>>18591680
Vegan reporting in, the answer is no. Life eats life. In my personal opinion it's distasteful but by no means immoral.
>>
>>18591680
We'll if you're an atheist, you probably also understand probability and the fact that something will always eat meat..
>>
>>18591680
while one can doubt the morality of meat eating, the answer is simply are comfortable with taking a life of an animal. there is no definitive answer from an ethical point of view since it is relative to an extent. it comes down to preference.

I think a more appropriate question is can you afford eating meat. multiple studies have show direct connection between consumption of animal products and cardiovascular disease. plus animal agriculture is very expensive, wastes alot of water, space and food. additionally it produces alot of waste and contributes to climate change.
>>
>>18591735
Wow first reasonable vegan I've heard in a while, congrats on your non-faggotry
>>
>>18591688
>Unfortunately it's near impossible to eat meat regularly without supporting the disgusting livestock industry.
Ever heard of hunting game?
>>
>>18591680
i don't think it's immoral, however i care for homo sapiens (sapiens), and so to protect our habitat, it's better at the moment not to eat meat. and to eat food sparingly, no waste, etc. we use too many resources to produce meat and food in general, too much plastic for wrappings.
>>
>>18591735
>>18591998
Unfortunately many vegans choose to be vegan because they don't want to support cruel treatment of animals.
>Tfw production of crops kills more sentient beings than the meat industry.
>What is rat poison
>>
>>18591994
it also is important how you get your meat and where you live.

first world country supermarket steak = tortured animal that was suffering every second of its existence.

shashlyk in a village in rural Russia = a cow that was roaming the fields its whole life and had loving care from its farmers.
>>
>>18591680
You shouldn't eat meat
>>
For the record I'm a vegetarian but I don't think that the practice of eating meat in itself is immoral. We have evolved to eat both vegetables/grains etc and meat. As the other anon said life eats life. I am also not personally convinced that a diet without any meat is really better for your health, and think that the better stats vegetarians have are more due to related lifestyle choices (vegetarians are more likely to not smoke, be higher educated, and of course they get their greens) than because of meat being absent from their diet.

Having said that whether eating meat is immoral on its own and whether it is immoral under the current circumstances are different questions. Lifestock on this scale contributes more to global warming than global traffic combined, and is a huge factor for antibiotic resistance.

Then again, if you start to scrutinize like this, people make all sorts of choices that are immoral all the time. Buying cheap clothes you know cannot have been produced under humane circumstances. Traveling by airplane multiple times a year despite pollution. You cannot live and not harm anyone/anything around you. If you feel uneasy, pick a cause close to you and try to better yourself in that regard. No one is a saint.
>>
First off, the term you want is "ethical." By definition, nobody can say what's "moral" for you to do except yourself.

Hunting is easier to talk about than factory farming, which is plainly unethical in many cases. But consider all the elk living wild and free on federally owned land. Their very existence has been made possible by the hunting lobby. This is no longer a world where animals can just be left alone to go about their natural lives. We crossed that line a century, arguably even a century and a half ago. The fact is that for just about any type of "wild" animal you can imagine, there is a concerted effort by a large group of people to protect that animal's habitat and prop up its activities for some aesthetic or economic purpose. And I hate to break it to some of you, but there isn't nearly enough money in the "maybe we can just take pictures of the elk" industry to stave off development interests.

TL;DR only animals which serve sufficient value to humans get to exist. What we now see as wild is just a living work of art supported by human effort.

On the off-chance this thread isn't just weak bait, go read A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold.
>>
>>18591680
This is one of those ultra subjective things. If you think its immoral then in your life its immoral. Just dont be a dick to others about it.
>>
>>18591680
I'm Hindu and my religion(in most cases) doesn't allow beef and my family is most probably going to kill me when they know I love beef burgers to death.
>>
>>18591680
no
>>
Food for thoughts: Animals eat other animals. Do they get bad karma too? If it's wrong on a cosmic level to eat meat then why is it okay for animals to do it? Animals don't care about karma. They just do whatever profits them. Many people have the misconception that the animal world is peaceful and harmonious. That is not the case. Animals are violent murderers and rapists. They steal, lie and abuse whenever their cognitive functions allow it. They do not inherently live in harmony with their ecosystem and many actively destroys it. Many animals exist only today because we humans preserved them. Many animals live in better conditions in farms and zoos than in nature where they freely kill and rape and eat each other.

In other words the animal world is a TERRIBLE place to apply a personal concept of cosmic energy that relates to justice and fairness. It just doesn't work that way outside of disney movies.
>>
>>18591680
in first world countries its immoral to eat factory farmed meat. Which is basically where it all comes from.
>>
Well meat is dirty in my opinion
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.