[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an addiction.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: glitchy.jpg (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
glitchy.jpg
146KB, 500x500px
I'm in therapy. I'm on antidepressants. I've been on multiple kinds and they don't work. I like my therapist a lot. But I want to cut open my skin. I want to hurt myself. I want to damage all my relationships beyond repair. I basically want everyone to hate me as much as I hate myself just so they won't be sad when I kill myself. I decided that I will on my birthday. I had promised myself many many years ago that I would, if I wasn't happy. It's come down from thousands of days to only around 200. I don't know if I'll change my mind. Some of my friends still care, but they are the ones that I only talk to once a month or so, so they aren't close and their words have little impact.
I want to feel. I want to be a better person and I'm trying, but everywhere I turn to leads me to more guilt and numbness. I don't know what I can do.

>abused as a child by mother
>abused in first relationship by lover
> Diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety
>pretty much fucked for the rest of my life when it comes to medical problems such as fibromyalgia, chronic costochondritis, and hypothyroidism.
>I have nothing left other than my pets.
>>
you want the suffering to end not your life. its easy to lose track of the differences. sadly suffering is inherently a part of our life, but not all of it. when we try hard to find something we often forget to search and look out for the other things out there.
>>
>>18591640
okay, so for how long have you been taking medication for depression and anxiety?
>>
>>18591640
>I have an addiction
>forgets to mention the addiction

age, m/f?
>>
>>18591648
Nice empty platitudes.
>>
>I have nothing left other than my pets
Usually when people talk like this, they are deliberately leaving out a good friend, or a relative that is in their life or was to make it seem hopeless. Sometimes I lose focus of the people around me, and by spending time with them I remember what's important; friends and family. I doubt your mother is your only family member, but even if she is, I'm sure you have a friend or two. Say you don't. I'll tell you something. I had a psychotic break where I was truly alone in this world, I trusted no one, not even my own mother or father. I was in my own little world for a time, and like you, my pets gave me a little happiness, hope, and sanity. But in that bubble, I learned I needed nothing, not even family, or friends, to survive. I just needed to appreciate what was good in the world. The simple things. The sun coming up in the morning. The dew on the grass. My dogs wagging their tails as I pet them. A good glass of water. Tons of stuff. I am a believer in God, maybe you believe, maybe you don't. Maybe you think I'm dumb. That's okay. Try communicating with God, worth a try, right? That made me feel like something was there. Even when totally alone in the world, there was someone who would listen and understand. If you don't buy that, just appreciate "the universe" and the little things I listed it offers. Happiness is sold as a thing you keep forever once you obtain it. This is false. You have to strive for happiness, and remember all the things that truly make you happy. Cutting yourself will give you a brief moment of satisfaction, but no true happiness.
>>
I don't have any answers for you, bt there are more alternatives out there than just antidepressants and therapy. http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/06/16/things-that-sometimes-help-if-youre-depressed/
>>
Hurting yourself will give you a brief moment of satisfaction, but no true happiness. Damaging your relationships will send you further down a spiral. Talk about this with your therapist if you must, anyone who will listen. Killing yourself is the worst type of pain you could inflict on others, because the pain doesn't go away when you die, it simply spreads to others for them to hold onto in their hearts for their lives. Even your abusive mother. Anyone you know will hold that piece of you and feel greatly saddened and ashamed that they couldn't help, that a human being saw no other option but to end their life, that they couldn't have prevented you from that and showed you a light in this dark world. I tell you truthfully, anon, suicide is not the way to go. My ex did it, and I always hold a piece of her with me, and a little guilt that I could have done something. She was the nicest, sweetest person, and it's usually the sweet ones who do it. Be a light to the world, not a tragedy. Life is hard, sure. But I'm still here, I still smile. I know you're capable of it, too. And ending your life when there's much more of a story to be told isn't fair to yourself. Yes, this shit is hard. But you don't know where your life will turn if you stick around. Could it get better? Possibly? Could it get even worse? Maybe. But you grow stronger every minute you stick around as you become an adult. Don't lose hope. Enjoy every second you can because this is all we have for all we know. I believe in you anon. I know you can make it because I did, and I didn't go through what you went through. You're stronger than me, surely. I believe in you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.