[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my sleeping pattern? Currently I fall asleep at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: read_me_a_tale.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
read_me_a_tale.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
How do I fix my sleeping pattern?

Currently I fall asleep at 5am and wake up around 1-2pm.

I can't pull an all nighter because I always fall asleep mid day, and there's nothing I can do to prevent that. I literally pass out.

I tried sleeping pills to get me back into the routine but the following night I don't fall asleep until 5am

I don't know how to fix this :s
>>
>>18591080
>Fall asleep at 5am
>Can't pull an all nighter
What?
>>
>>18591094
At around mid day I pass out and don't wake up for a hours, which just further fucks my sleep desu.

I'll just pull an all nighter now because why the fuck not I guess.
>>
>>18591080
Start going to sleep a bit earlier every night, and wake up a bit earlier every day. Best way to fix sleeping rhythms is to do it gradually. "All-nighter" is a meme fix for lazy losers and won't even work most of the time, you'll go back to your habit of staying up all night in a few days at most.
>I don't know how to fix this
Yes you do, but it's all about your self-discipline and willpower.
>>
>>18591111
But I just lay in bed and don't fall asleep dude, falling asleep a little earlier isn't possible.

I go to bed at 11pm and lay there until 4-5am where I usually fall asleep.

Its 4:50am right now
>>
>>18591080

I'm like a professional sleep-cycle-cycler

If you can't manage to skip a sleep cycle, then gradual cycling is the next option.

Push your sleep time by at least 1 (ideally 3) hours a day. This is easily done by consuming some sort of engrossing media, like reading a gripping novel or some fun as fuck vidya.

The other option that I -rarely- use is alcohol/partying.
When you go to sleep the next morning after a bender, you only sleep for like 4 hours max - and badly at that - thanks to the booze in your system. The subsequent tiredness this induces the next day can be used as a tool to lend to correcting whack sleep cycles.
You have to make it a point to not get 'sleepy' drunk, but raucous, 'paint-the-town-red' drunk.
>>
>>18591111
Not op but falling asleep bit earlier don't work for some people
Have the same problem and no matter what I do I end up just staring into the dark and still falling asleep at same shitty time
>>
Get a job.
>>
>>18591119
Consider yourself lucky, I fall asleep around 7am and sleep until 6 pm
It's just crazy
>>
File: how long to nap.jpg (58KB, 720x354px) Image search: [Google]
how long to nap.jpg
58KB, 720x354px
>>18591154

Oh, also:

Caffeine:
My body responds very strongly and reliably to caffeine. One standard energy drink (~80mg caffeine) will guarantee me 6 hours of awakeness, assuming i have less than one cycle's worth of sleep deprivation. But don't use this too much or it's sure to fuck you up in other ways. Downside: Once you pass your sleep time, you feel like death. But are awake and functional.

As a matter of fact, i'm using this technique right now. I currently go to sleep at 3pm and wake up at 10pm. Right now, it's 4pm. I took a Red Bull at 1pm, so i should crash at 7pm. The next day, i'm going to try go to sleep at 7pm again. Then 9pm the next day etc, till i get to 12am.

Naps:
Really fucking hard to do; but technically can be used to extend wake time when approaching crash
But I usually end up falling asleep fully and ruining my efforts. And then other times, your body goes loco and just ignores your death-tiredness and doesnt let you go back to sleep for another 16 hours despite the sleep deprivation.

So:
-Gradual changes for pushing cycles forward
-Alcohol/bender for pushing cycles backward (unhealthy as fuck)
-Caffeine for pushing cycles forward (feels terrible; don't overdo it)
-Naps for pushing cycles forward (risky; difficult)

Tactically use these tools keeping in mind your body's limits and health, to achieve the sleep cycle timing you want.
>>
>>18591103
>ALL NIGTHER
>>
File: 1478664825457.png (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478664825457.png
84KB, 400x400px
I used to literally pass out playing games or watching shows around noon and would wake up at 7 when my mom came home from work.
I gradually fixed it by going to sleep 30 minutes later every other day.
>>
Getting to sleep earlier isn't much of an option, but getting up earlier is, and it's going to suck for a while but that's the best bet. Get up at least a couple hours earlier than normal and persist for at least one week but ideally longer, gradually pushing your time back. You falling-asleep time will sooner or later compensate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.