[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

child support amount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 1491723050067.jpg (935KB, 4081x2295px) Image search: [Google]
1491723050067.jpg
935KB, 4081x2295px
I pay $1100 in child support every month. I live in Georgia. Is there any way I can get this reduced? It's so financially crippling and my son in no way shape or form costs that damn much by himself.
>>
To give you any sort of estimate about what you could feasibly reduce it to, you'd need to share details about yourself like your salary, your Ex's salary, and other personal things.

There are law firms that specialize in negotiating these things, and even if you don't plan to hire a lawyer they can still give you advice or a quote on what they could do for you.

You'd probably be better off calling a law firm so you could trust a professional with the details of custody and whatnot instead of strangers on the internet. My personal opinion is that it's probably not as easy as you'd think
>>
There are easy ways to fake a suicide.

But you're basically fucked.
>>
>>18591026
I think it's really hard, which is why I haven't done it. It would also piss off the money-grubbing woman in the picture and make my domestic life even harder. Probably not even worth trying, but on top of a mortgage and student loans, I feel like I'm drowning. I make six figures and still live paycheck to paycheck, not able to save dick.
>>
>>18591026
for reference, I make a little over 100K and she makes just under 50K
>>
>>18591026
I also get jewed by the government and am not able to claim ANY tax benefit for having a child, so I am taxed as a childless, single male, which means I get raped. paid over 20K in taxes last year.

also pay 450 a a month for day care until he starts school, which I am also unable to claim any tax credit for
>>
>>18591044
>>18591036
>>18591033
Try focusing on saving money where you can, rather than where you can't. think about what you can sell, what you can downsize, or what you can do without.

It won't kill you to live frugally for awhile, and you'll have more money available for the things that will make you happier in the long run
>>
>>18591036
>make 100k
>bitch about 13k for your kid

nah nigga
>>
>>18591070
>13K
not including day care, not including medical costs, not including cost of toys, books, entertainment, and clothes for my house, not including cost of food . I basically pay her 13K for him and then turn around and spend another 13K.

And I got a nice house for him, with a big bedroom for him and a separate toy room. Think I'd have this house if I didn't have him? So that's a few hundred extra living cost every month.

Shit adds up, man. I spend a hell of a lot more than 13K on him. 13K just goes to his mom so she can go spend it on starbucks and other bullshit.
>>
>>18591068
I've never lived extravagantly by any means. I keep my food budget down to about 10-15 dollars a day. I drive a very modest car that was cheap. I don't buy video games. I don't have cable. I don't buy music. I don't go out to bars often. I don't even have many friends. The only time I ever really spend money is going out with my girlfriend. Not sure what else I can cut.

It will definitely be easier when I get my student loans paid off next year...
>>
>>18591090
nigger what the fuck are you spending 100K a year on then, I don't even make 30K and i'm not bitching to /adv/ about how terrible my life is, my life is great
>>
Get a lawyer, but if u fucked up then IDK what to tell you
>>
>>18591096
I don't even know, dude.

100K - 22K taxes - 13K child support - 13K child expenses - 17K mortgage+property tax - 6K student loans - 6K power/water/sewer/hoa/internet/car insurance/etc - 2K health insurance - 7-8K groceries/house supplies - a few grand gas money (I drive a fuck ton to work and back and for the kid)

I guess the rest goes to leisure like taking him to the zoo and aquarium and museum and shit like that, medical bills, random expenses like replacing the tires on the car... no idea where it goes, honestly.
>>
anon, you need to be told this...

>>18591033
>but on top of a mortgage and student loans, I feel like I'm drowning. I make six figures and still live paycheck to paycheck, not able to save dick.

this is because you don't know how to fucking handle your money, not because you have chisup obligations.

if you take home 100k and you can't manage to pay $1100 a month to go to raising your fucking child, you are living beyond your means. Thats $13,200 a year.

Forget how much it is to pay your chisup obligation.

You come to this board and say you are drowning basically means you are pissing away over $85000 a year. Even if you spend ANOTHER $10,000 on the kid in the >>18591081 extra expenses, you can't figure out how to make ends meet on $75,000?

you don't need legal help nearly as much as you need personal financial help.
>>
Leave the country, let that bitch do some work. Declare yourself bankrupt.

Talk with a lawyer.
>>
>>18591164
see >>18591146

I'm not pissing away very much money. I probably spend more on groceries/house supplies than I estimated. Probably closer to 10K. I always buy everything organic for the kid and shit's expensive.

any advice on managing money better is appreciated. I have never had to worry about money before I had a kid, so I'm new to the game I guess.
>>
>>18591146
>no idea where it goes, honestly.
Then sit down with your bank statement and paychecks and work it out. You're an adult with a child, and this isn't a difficult task.
>>
>>18591170
Don't buy organic, buy store brand. Don't buy your kid everything he wants. No allowance. If you seriously think that 100k is not a lot, then you seriously need to rethink your spending.
>>
>>18591177
I'm definitely not willing to cheap out on his fruit and vegetables, don't even care if it's just setting fire to money, it would be retarded of me not to spend the extra money JUST IN CASE there is some benefit to his lifelong health by doing so. I also have installed a crazy water filtering system on my kitchen sink. I'm not fucking around with all the shit in the water and the food when it comes to the kid.

I often buy him more shit than I should just because I don't get to have him as much as I want him, so I spoil him when I do. I mean, he spends the night at my house often, I just want him way more.
>>
>>18591146
>I don't even know, dude.

no written budget every month.

>100K - 22K taxes

okay, so take home is about $78000, thats $6500 a month.

> 13K child support - 13K child expenses - 17K mortgage+property tax - 6K student loans - 6K power/water/sewer/hoa/internet/car insurance/etc - 2K health insurance - 7-8K groceries/house supplies - a few grand gas money (I drive a fuck ton to work and back and for the kid)

chisup 1100, childcare 1100, mortgage AND taxes are covered about 1400, aca 166. Thats all the hardcore and legal stuff that wont budge. that leaves you $2734.

you say you spend over $600 on food and house stuff. seems like too damn much to me. you should be able to feed yourself for $10 or better if you can cook even a little bit and budget.

you say you spend $500 on your monthlies, that seems reasonable if that covers everything you listed, but you should be trying to shave it back. Cheaper phone, aggressively compare insurance, etc.

You say you spend $500 on a student loan payment, you tried for deferment or forbearance lately?

>I guess the rest goes to leisure like taking him to the zoo and aquarium and museum and shit like that, medical bills, random expenses like replacing the tires on the car... no idea where it goes, honestly.

write it the fuck out every time. if its important enough to bitch about, its important enough to write about.

What field is your job in, and can you advance?

also, have you started another family since the last one?
>>
>>18591170

read up on dave ramsey. He's basically personal finance training wheels for people who didn't get taught good habits from their parents.
>>
>>18591198
>yourself for $10

per day, is what that was supposed to be. or $300 a month.
>>
>>18591198
thanks for the response

>you say you spend over $600 on food and house stuff. seems like too damn much to me
I'm not sure how accurate my numbers are. off the top of my head, really. I eat super cheap usually. I eat soylent (2.67 per bottle) and protein bars (99 cents to 2.50 each) most of the time. I only really cook proper dinners when he's over. I sometimes buy lunch at work because I forgot to bring something, so that can run 5-8 bucks. I never eat breakfast.

>Cheaper phone
My phone costs me $30-35 a month total

>Insurance
I could compare here. It's actually auto insurance + life insurance (so my son has money if I die), so it runs a bit high.

>You say you spend $500 on a student loan payment, you tried for deferment or forbearance lately?
I should have them paid off next March-ish. I am just trying to power through and get the shit over with. I don't want to defer shit, because that just means more interest paid.

>write it the fuck out
Yeah, you're right. I need to start tracking my incidentals better.

>What field is your job in, and can you advance?
software. I could likely haggle for more money come December. I'll give it a shot.

>another family
no. have a girlfriend, but we are definitely not discussing marriage and kids or anything like that.

I think the take-away from everything everyone has said is that the child support is really not the main issue here, and that I can probably cut other expenses more easily.
>>
>>18591206
thanks, I'll check it out!
>>
>>18591218
it sounds like you're trying to do right.

and it sounds like you have enough emotional maturity to let stupid parts of 4chan slide off you.

work hard on your budget and stick to it. especially if you can see the light at the end of your student loan tunnel.

keep being mad at the bitch if you want, but your kid deserves at least one parent who doesn't suck with money. let it be you.
>>
>>18591186
>not buying food with extra pesticides in the hopes that the androgen blocking will make him a qt trap
>>
>>18591081
so stop paying for anything that doesn't occur when you have him except insurance. What do you think the child support is supposed to cover.
>>
>>18591010
> Earn $100k a year
> Pay 13% child support
> Can I get it reduced?
No. You got a sweet deal. I pay 50% of my paycheck in child support, and I live in Georgia as well.

You're probably one of those Buckhead bucks that drives a Lexus around and showers money on the strippers at the Pink Pony. And you want the court to take pity on you? Fuck you.

Learn how to handle your money.
>>
>>18591206
> Boo hoo my life is so bad.
> I get sex on a regular basis
God, I so want to beat your ass wholesale right now.
>>
>>18591186
Instead of buying him things, spend more quality time with him.

My dad worked shifts and we rarely had a chance to spend time together. He would cover me in gifts to make up for that.
But at some point (I guess because my mom yelled at him) he stopped buying me things and started spending time with me.
We spent entire days building shit with Legos, he took me play football, we went hiking, he read me books, we painted. Often just me and him, sometimes with my mom too. I have the best memories of those times.
>>
>>18591164
don't listen to this redditspacing retard, OP.
after the deductions in >>18591146 you literally have $10K disposable/emergency income per year. That's fucking nothing for someone who gets 100K a year.
Meanwhile this bitch is getting taxed for the $50K she earns while getting $26K UNTAXED income per year, taking it up to $65K net income per year. I don't know what her costs are but she sure as hell ain't giving away 25% of her income, nor is she paying off a mortgage if you're the one who bought a house for her. this bitch has more spending money purely from child support payments than you do from your entire fucking income.

This is a matter of principle. Your ability to manage your money should not be a factor in this. Lawyer the fuck up.
>>
>>18591715
By all means, see a lawyer. He'll take a $150 consultation fee to tell you the same thing the "reddit" guy told you. You have no case, and zero chance to get it reduced.

If anything, the court will increase your support obligations just for wasting the judge's time.
>>
>>18591663
Haha I drive a Kia Optima I bought used for 16K a few years back. I live up near Lake Lanier and commute to Sandy Springs every day. My house was 240K, and is pretty modest. Can't find decent detached housing in the Atlanta area for much cheaper. My washer and dryer are literally from that 80s, my house has little furniture, and the furniture I do have is cheap IKEA shit because I can't afford to furnish it. My kid likes it being emptier though because he has tons of room to play. I've been it a strip club twice in my life. So, I'm not exactly living in the lap of luxury here.

Sorry to hear about your support situation, sounds like bullshit, dude.
>>
>>18592269
Keep your chin up mate. If you need more help with the budgeting and stuff Reddit has a board for that named "personalfinance" or you can hire a financial advisor.
>>
>>18592281
Thanks for the tip, bro. Definitely can't afford a financial advisor haha but I'll start tracking my spending on a finer-grained level.
>>
I pay more and make less than you for my kid. Ex intentionally works a shit paying job to keep it that way and has for 11 years. It is an expense you cant get around or at least you shouldn't try; take your feelings about her out of the equation. As another anon has said read Dave Ramsey total money and youll be fine.
>>
>>18592325
11 down 7 to go! Might be cheaper to have the kid move out at 18 and pay for his/her place.
>>
>>18592325
Good advice. I am starting to see that now. I just have to accept it as a part of my life for 14 more years and move on. No use worrying about things you can't change. I'll read that book and focus on what I can change.
>>
So, you guys who pay child support, do you get it adjusted every few years to reflect latest income info and such, or do you just pay the same rate you were handed many years back?
>>
>>18591186
I'd suggest sueing for full custody. It might cost you some, but if you have a good enough report of spending on the kid, odds might be on your side. If you do get full custody, you'd get to spend more time, but you'll also lose a lot of whatever freedom you might have currently.

Or just talk to his mom, tell him that you are a father that really does love his child, even if he split his ways with his mother. Be civilized, try and solve problems through talking. But most importantly, don't get married to bitches.
>>
>>18592374
There is no chance of getting full custody over a kid as a dad unless the mother is insanely incompetent, like a literal drug addicted prostitute.

Anyways, I always ask for more time with him, but his mother, like most women, is so insanely myopic and self-centered that it's mind-boggling.
>>
>>18591010
Spotted a painting error. center is spelled wrong. Stupid painter.
>>
>>18591081
>having children is expensive. More news at 11.
>>
>>18591010
Seriously? You make 6 figures and you're being financially crippled by $13200 a year?

Please, tell me of your suffering, while I live with my three kids that I raise full time, by myself, on at least $30k a year less than you.
>>
>>18591146
I've never called someone privileged before but...
>>
>>18592320
>Definitely can't afford a financial advisor haha
Sounds more like you can't afford not having one. Even after everything you accounted for in >>18591146, your discretionary income is more than my gross. Obviously you're not going to want to live the way I do and you don't have the benefit of huge amounts of free time to DIY things, but even then I can guarantee you that there's a way for you to pay all your bills and still save some money for the future.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.