[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i just move on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20170802_172845.png (2MB, 1440x1643px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_172845.png
2MB, 1440x1643px
I've known this girl for a while, she used to date a guy I knew and that's how we met. However I never really considered him a friend and the only social occasion we were ever at together was one SHE invited me to. Anyway they dated for 2 years and they broke up with eachother about 5 months ago, and 2 months ago I told her I liked her. She days she wants to experience being single for a while but she liles me too. I told her that thats fine but if she wants to go sleeping around then she can consider any chance if us over. So she doesn't want a relationship but she's not banging anyone now. I try to start a relationship but she shuts me down, but keeps me on the line with those lines like "you're a great guy and any girl would be lucky to have You, maybe one day that'd be me, but I can't right now." What should I do?

Pic related, right is her.
>>
Don't date a slut.
>>
>>18590892
That's the thing, she isn't. And she's completely steering away from any guys for me, but yet won't date me because she's "not ready" for another relationship.
>>
>>18590864

>What should I do?

Be a grown up and make up your mind. I understand you not wanting to be her second, third or fourth choice but you can't really fault someone for being in a committed relationship for two years and then not wanting to immediately jump into another one.

There are a lot of serial monogamists in this world and apparently she isn't one of them. Whether or not she's just trying to be nice and doesn't actually want to date you is something I can't speculate on but, based on the information we do know, it isn't a ridiculous thing for a person to not want to immediately date after just ending a 2 year relationship. Make up your mind. If waiting is what you want, then wait. If not then move on. Either way, let the girl have some space, regardless of whether or not you're trying to genuinely pursue a relationship with her it probably isn't very inviting to have you hovering over her immediately after her breakup giving her ultimatums about her sex life. That probably isn't the subtlest way to ease her back into commitment.
>>
>>18590897
so give her time retard, this isn't even a hard girl problem, this is literally human communication
>>
>>18590902
I know and I hate being that guy. I'm torn between waiting and moving on, because on one hand it's pretty pathetic just waiting there on the sidelines for god knows how long, but at the same time I know she does like me, and then there's this other girl that I could probably be in a relationship with right now, but I know I wouldn't be as happy with her. And in the same way that I don't want to be a second choice if feel guilty making her a second choice.
>>
>>18590917

Listen, man, the best thing you can do is to just tell her "Hey, I really like you and I want to pursue this but I understand you just got out of a relationship and I understand you probably don't want to jump into another one. If you ever wanna just hang out or get a drink you know where to find me."

Keep it casual, keep the pressure off. I know that you thought you were being concise about the sleeping around thing but regardless of your intentions telling a girl who just got out of a relationship "Hey I know you just broke up but now I want to date you and I won't date you if you see any other guys.". That's a lot of pressure, dude. That's a lot to ask someone who literally has to reshape their life to accommodate for the loss of a long term partner. You're basically asking her to commit to being in a relationship with you without any of the build up to making that commitment.

How long you're willing to wait is your call but the best move here is low pressure, dude. Low pressure. Trying to corner her into promising to only like you and pursue you is not the right call. If you really care for this girl then the priority should be letting her get her head straight before she makes any serious decisions, not call dibs on her. Waiting for someone to get their shit together isn't pathetic. If she's worth the time and the effort then invest it. If she isn't, then don't. I can't promise this method will end in a relationship but its honestly the best you can do.
>>
>>18590864
youre laying it on too thick. dating is just dating. youll have a relationship if the dating goes well. until then, calm tf down
>>
>>18590958
>>18590970
You're right, I've talked with her and apologised for the ultimatums, I suppose I'll just see what happens.
>>
So she blames herself for messing me around, and I really just don't know anymore. She's open to a friend's with benefits situation, but we have a mutual agreement not to hoe around as it is right now. (I just want to make it clear that was her idea a while back because she got jealous when I got a girl flirting with me). So if two people lile eachother, are friends, have sex exclusively with eachother, is that not a realtionship?
>>
>>18591059
just become her fwb and if you're both 'relationship material' then it'll probably evolve into a relationship; if not, it won't

Pretty simple stuff imho
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.