[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF's periods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1449251145317.jpg (635KB, 1300x1461px) Image search: [Google]
1449251145317.jpg
635KB, 1300x1461px
Do the mood swings associated with menstruation ever get less dramatic until menopause?

I have a gf in her 20s who gets extremely upset every month when on her period and does not work or date in this time. It's difficult for me to comfort her and she sometimes even says she's dumping me and then wants me back 2 days later. The rest of the month she's a stable and kind person.

What's /adv/'s experience with this taboo topic?
>>
The only ones who would say this is a taboo topic are men. PMS can be really bad for some women and really mild for others, it's not some big hush-hush topic.

My PMS has gotten worse as I've gotten older. That's really the most I can say on that.

But if she's doing that manipulative bullshit, you need to have a serious conversation with her. It's normal to be bitchy when PMSing, but skipping work and being a total cunt just makes her sound like a lazy bitch.
>>
Agree with the other poster. Just like some women have terrible cramps and other experience zero discomfort, it is individual just how hard it hits. I have never known a woman remotely as extreme as you describe, personally. I also think she's taking it way too far. I also feel worse (less energetic, more sullen, more down on myself) during my period but that's no one's fault. And if I can not take it out on others if I feel bad after being doused in rain or whatever, I can deal with not being too bitchy when menstruating.

Telling you she wants to break up during this period is absolutely unacceptable and I would try to talk about it with her. Is she on hormonal birth control? Sometimes that can make a difference. Either way some things cross a line and threatening to dump you is one of those. If you get her to agree with this once "stable", gently remind her when on her period. If she's self-aware about this issue I would also recommend agreeing on not discussing serious topics in this time frame and having her tell herself that if she still feels the same way in a week, you can always revisit it then.
>>
>>18589833
I have IBS, specifically the kind that likes to give me painful cramping. Sometimes, it feels so uncomfortable that I start to get patches of aggressively blushing skin on my arms and chest, goosebumps, and chills.

I'm telling you this because when I'm on my period, it's so bad that I can't tell if it's period cramps or if I'm going to spew brown lava in 5 seconds.

Every person is different. Shit, every month is different. I can have one month where it's smooth sailing and another month where I cry from watching a video of marine predators eating a school of sardines. That being said, she shouldn't say she's dumping you like that. That makes you feel insecure in the safety of the relationship and is pretty good at killing emotional connection since you don't know what she's gonna do.

Have you talked to her about this? Preferably during a time when she's not being assaulted by hormones and cramps?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.