[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to soundproof a door up to at least 130 db What do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 20170804_172148.jpg (94KB, 483x321px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_172148.jpg
94KB, 483x321px
I need to soundproof a door up to at least 130 db
What do?
>>
>>18589184
Not sure how well this'll work, but I hear that fixing egg cartons (the foamy kind) to a wall (in your case the door) deadens the sound and soundproofs to a certain degree. Its the same idea behind soundproofing in recors studios.
>>
>>18589184

most interior doors look like this and are basically impossible to 'shore up stronger.'

you need to replace it with a solid core door.

and even then, that makes the door deaden, but it means nothing if the walls are cheap. Sound can even carry through light fixtures at the dB levels you're talking about.

wtf are you trying to do?
>>
The problem is how to get it up to 130.
I actually meant "make a soundproof door", not "make a door soundproof"
>>
>Military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier with afterburner at 50 ft (130 dB)

I really need to know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
>>18590152
I'm working on some "human augmentation" stuff and have been testing it on myself. As I absolutely need to be conscious during these "tests", I haven't been able to use any anesthetics that would let me cover all of the pain and recently one of the "tests" brought me what I would consider 9/10 on my subjective scale of perceived pain.
My screams already made my neighbours call the police twice and I want to avoid any unnecessary complications. The current world Guinness book record for volume produced by human voice is 129 db and I'd like to stay on the safe side.

Inb4:
>endangering yourself
Don't worry, the only way I could die from this is from the pain shock and I believe in myself :)

>why on yourself
Human testing is internationnaly banned and I'd like this to stay legal. Also I can't afford to use my time and effort on choosing and kidnapping suitable candidates, I would probably need a team for that and as I stated earlier in this post, I want to avoid unnecessary complications. And I don't have enough money to pay them salaries.

>you're just making shit up
I can't/don't need to convince you.
Just consider this LARPing and LARP along, ok?

>crazy
I probably am.
I don't have enough psychology related knowledge to actually be certain.
>>
>>18589605
the same way you make your room soundproof up to 130db.
>>
so use a ball gag
>>
>>18590309
I can't have a 1.5 meter thick door
>>
>>18590290

Unless I see some deus ex pics asap I, and no one else, gives a single fuck.
>>
>>18590311
Hearing myself scream provides me psychologic relief
>>
File: images-2.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>18590323
Here you go :)

I'm not willing to reveal any of my stuff to the public, at least not yet
>>
>>18590315
why?
>>
>>18590339
It's still in progress and I don't know what I want to do with it.
Also, knowing 4chan, that would probably give you a way to track me down through my purchases and I don't want that.
>>
>>18590290
What kind of tests?
Are you some sort of marvel character?
>>
>>18590337
Will you come back eventually to show us your progress when you're ready
>>
>>18590339
Oh, I misinterpreted the question.
Because it's just my basement, not some kind of specialized facility. Bringing in workers to install a giant safe door like the ones you see banks have protecting the money in films would bring attention to me.
>>
>>18590362
I'm trying to remove or compensate for flaws in human design, replace or restructure some muscle tissues, engineer a biological propulsion system (still at very early stages, basically little more than a concept), integrate a subdermal "armor" of sorts, some alternative nutrient/energy absorption systems and other similar stuff. I know, I know, I'm all over the place.
Why Marvel specificaly?
>>
>>18590368
It will probably take several years but if I decide to reveal my results, I will probably do it here first.
Not on /adv/ though.
>>
I will bump this thread tomorrow but for now I have to go sleep
>>
>>18590408
have you researched CRISPR? perhaps you shouldn't focus on augmenting the current generation but the next.
>>
>>18590534
1: CRISPR is shit
2: it's out of my field of expertise
3: no matter how much they advance in their shit, the limit placed on almost all of the scientists working on bettering humans is that they all try to keep humans human.
4: I have problems trusting someone else with my work, so I have to obtain as much results as I can during my life, although if those faggots at BRAIN get their shit together and make a breakthrough or two, time might just stop being an issue.
>>
>>18589184
Speaking from experience, hollow doors actually block sound better than solid doors, they absorb more of the vibrations. The issue with sound proofing a door is less about how solid it is and more about the following:

1. Gaps in the door. The closer the door is to the floor, the more sound gets blocked.
2. Doors are just too thin in general. One way you can get doors to absorb more sound with a door is to fill it up with styrofoam (or some form of spray-foam that hardens). The air pockets do a much better job of absorbing the sound, better than a solid door ever would.

You can achieve a similar effect by attaching foam externally to the door. but that might look a little weird if you have visitors.
>>
If you are building a rape dungeon, I suggest digging a new ungerground facility on your yard instead of using your moms basement.

Reported to FBI
>>
>>18590315
>I can't have a 1.5 meter thick door
But doing these augmentations seems to be absolutely no problem. Yea sure, it's the soundproofing that appears to be impossible.
>>
>>18590408
>he thinks he can do better than millions of years of evolution
>can't even soundproof a door
Anon, get a normie hobby. You're not going anywhere but places.
>>
>>18591794
Thanks, for once someone gives me something actually helpful
>>
>>18591803
1: fbi has no jurisdiction where I am
2: I'm not doing anything illegal
3: there's no reasonable cause for them to believe that I'm not making this whole shit up for keks
>>
>>18591820
Are you going to ask a rocket scientist to remove your appendix?
These are completely different fields, dumbass
>>
>>18591861
The evolution is not the genious creator you think it is.
It tends to make lots of accidentally acquired overcomplicated and inefficient adjustments in responce to simple problems.
>>
>>18591972
Well according to how you've presented yourself so far, putting some soundproof foam on your walls indeed seems to be out of your reach, you're right about that.
>>
>>18592081
I need to get it up to 130.
"some soundproof foam" won't cut it.
>>
>>18591963
What credentials do you have in the way of biology or engineering?
>>
>>18592298
I'm sorry but my English is lacking.
Would you care to explain what you mean by "credentials"?
>>
>>18592331
Do you have university degrees, formal education, experience?
>>
>>18589184
Staple stuffed animals to the walls
>>
>>18592414
>police get called for neighbors hearing terrible human screams of pain and suffering
>show up and bust the door open
>find stuffed animals stapled through the head to every inch of the wall and door
>their faces when....
>>
>>18589184
Lol, i didn't know this was a thing until i saw someone ram a 5 foot dildo through one and the door broke like cardboard. Thanks cowchop
>>
>>18592346
I followed the normal education route until I got to college, where I quit after one year because the education I was receiving there didn't offer me what I wanted. After that I basically studied at home, mainly bought books from the Internet. My parents are dead (they were quite old when I was born, father literally just fell on some stairs and hit his head, bled out and mother suffered a cardiac arrest following the news), so they didn't push me to pursue normal education.
So no, I don't have any actual degrees.

Inb4:
>money
My parents left me quite a bit and I also sold some patents.
>>
>>18592346
>experience
I guess you could count the patents I sold
>>
>>18592480
Underrated comment
>>
Bumperoo
>>
>>18589184
Theatre curtains. Soft furniture in room. Paintings on walls. A diffuser board.

Anything to misdirect or absorb sound waves. Theatre curtains do a fuck tonne alone though for the door though.

If you have camp sleeping bags even hanging those will do the trick.
>>
Ok I think I've got enough suggestions.
I'm just going to try shit and test it with a speaker.
>>
So... OP wants to shoot himself and doesn't want anyone to hear the gunshot?

I'm not buying the R9K shit about 'tests' other than about him liking to her himself scream. Maybe he's making a rape room and wants to here the captive scream?

In any case, fuck all of this.
>>
>>18592995
>gunshot
If I decide to kill myself, I'll just get a plastic bag and duct tape.
If I want to make a sex dungeon, I'll go to 8 Chan and properly ask the needed questions.
Here's a read for you if you're into that sort of thing:
https://archive.is/y7e84
>>
>>18589184
You're fapping at over 130dB? Oh boy you gotta calm down
>>
>>18593243
Yes, that's what my tests are for.
I actually just constructed a robot hand, covered it with silicone "flesh" and made it give me handjobs.
>not like hookers exist, right?
>>
>>18591978
NIGGER, YOU CAN'T SOUNDPROOF A FUCKING DOOR
>>
>>18593339
Bitch, can you even imagine a fucking organic propulsion system?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.