[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on Wellbutrin (Bupropion)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: WellbutrinXL300MG_dec20.jpg (285KB, 1111x1657px) Image search: [Google]
WellbutrinXL300MG_dec20.jpg
285KB, 1111x1657px
I'm headed off the college soon and have been kinda sorting myself out (room is clean) over the past 6 months and I'm considering weening myself off my prescription of 2 150mg sustained release tablets a day because it seems like just learning to think in a less neurotic way by just forcing myself to thoroughly examine each one of these thoughts to see where i was fucking myself over, or just distract myself with some sort of task like, lifting, reading, or running. It feels like the medication defiantly helped me begin down this road but, i don't want to be dependent on it for the rest of my life. and most of the therapist i've been too have either given me an ambivalent answers and the quasi nurse doctor who prescribed me it is blue pilled af and kept trying to push ssri's on me and gave me blue pilled (basically old lady hillary voter type) advice that made the neuroticism worse. the therapist (mid 50's bearded dude who's office had the aesthetic like the inside of a log cabin) i had last seen basically told me you gonna be fucking alright and that most of my worries were bs, but i stopped seeing him 4 months ago to save money for college.

anyways has anyone had any experiences coming off their prescription and not have any more depressive symptoms pop back up as a result. and is there any specific things, activities, or organizations in college i should be involved in other than the obvious work hard to help build healthier habits than just hiding in my dorm on my pc.
>>
I took it for 16 years. Kept my depression 'at bay' (how much better could life have been if I'd dealt with the real problem sooner. It's usually a symptom of something deeper. It eventually Made things worse. Started with depression, ended up with ptsd and Bi polar diagnosis. Got off it 18 mos ago. Had to go to health recovery center in Minn. much better. But, Still depressed. Now, I have to find the cause and deal with it. Wasted time and in worse shape to fight. Dig into yourself and find the cause. I used traditional yoga and ayurveda. Not just postures, the philosophy, psychology, self inquiry, meditation and lifestyle. Check out Patanjalis Yoga Sutras or anything on Vedanta, Yoga philosophy. Placebo is about is effective as meds. Gl bro/sis.
>>
>>18588709
yeah i have been looking into and just causualy looking up general shit about philosophy and psychology. basically what your doing except the yoga.

but yeah it defiantly doesn't solve anything but helps keep it more manageable. I mean i kinda know all the underlying issues( I was kinda molested by proxy(kid was molested by uncle and became hyper sexualized and didn't know anybetter) by the son of a baby sitter(same age and friend both boys) i had when i was like in pre-school that i have never told anyone about even my therapists. it wasn't like forced or anything i was just confused and naive like any kid that age should be cause this isn't really normal. he told me to like try to stick my penis in his ass cause he played this one game before with his uncle then when that didn't work cause i couldn't get hard/am straight we fondled each others twig and berries. the trauma is more from just like actually having grown up and developed a brain that was more self aware and being like wtf why did that happen and why did i let it happen. don't hold anything against the kid cause he was just as innocent as me. also my mother comes from a home that had alcoholic domestic violence and was also molested with a screwdriver handle at about the same age as me. and my dad grew up as the youngest in a blue collar family cause he was an accident so his siblings were much older. his father, my grandfather (rip to both my fathers parents) kinda had serious undiagnosed adhd and was constantly working and would give my dad chores that had no purpose to try to keep him busy/teach him work ethic. when my dad was like in 2nd or 3rd grade he made his dad an invitation to his birthday and he got it back with something basically saying he had to work so he could support them but really it's one of those things as a father that you drop everything for cause it's not like one day off is gonna get him fired from his job at a quarry in a small town. just shit like that.
>>
>>18588709
but yeah my parents have become pretty successful and more mental sound given their circumstances with some hard work, but their experiences still kinda influence how im raised so its kinda like im just one factor removed from ground zero most of the time. and depression just runs down my entire moms side of the family cause every male on that side has been an alcoholic or drug addict in recent generations.

Ive been on welbutrin since like late October 2015
because i decided to do this dual enrollment running start program for my junior year of hs where i took all my classes at a community college where i was separaterated from my friends who have basically since 7th grade have really been at max acquaintances cause i had basically this one best friend who was more of a baseball bro who always wore oakleys and a flat brimmed hat if you kinda get what im saying. id know him since kindergarten and been freinds since like3rd grade but i was more of a nerd but not a complete neckbeard cause i was decent at sports but eventually one time we were hanging out at a hockey game and i pointed out his other friend a couple of sections away and he went over there didnt tell me if he was coming back. went over there to see whats up and he plays it off like he wasnt with me and they kinda kek like wtf are you here. i end up walking the concourse sick to my stomach for like 30mins. since then i havent really been able to invest emotionally in a friendship to have one cause i dont want to lose anything i guess. but yeah im trying to set myself up to where im put in social situations alot more in college and actually am able to have and maintain a freindship. i mean you probably arent on this thread anymore but it feels good to get this out anonymously even though this is fucking /pol/ and not necessarily a fucking therapy session.
>>
on dat 300mg wellbutrin xr + 60mg adderall per day master race
>>
>>18588712
so you're a doubly-stimmed faggot? Good one
>>
>>18588708
I was taking it for 2 years, it's pretty easy to wean yourself off compared to some other pills

just don't go cold turquey

drop to 150mg per day for like 2 weeks

take Melatonin at night before sleep while you are doing it, it's an oto kind of herbal suplement for sleep, you can find it pretty much anywhere

The first week I was off I felt sharper than ever
>>
>>18588708
>>18588709
>>18588710
>>18588711
>>18588712
stop taking drugs degenerates
>>
File: Stoic unhappy virtue.jpg (51KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Stoic unhappy virtue.jpg
51KB, 400x500px
>>18588708
Go Stoic and learn how to think. Peguin's book on tape of Meditations should be fine
>>
Entering college will be a major upheaval, especially for someone needing antidepressants. I would keep on the meds until you've established a comfortable routine.
>>
>>18588715
Thank for the advice man
>>
sometimes, wellbutrin substantially helps with panic attacks. otherwise, it's basically a stimulant on the level of a small amount of caffeine, with a different set of side effects (more psychological, less physiological). can you clearly articulate what effects you're getting from the pill? because buproprion doesn't make you or anybody "less depressed" except by very indirect means. most likely, it's basically a placebo.

any antidepressant should only be taken when going through some kind of therapy, be it talk therapy or some kind of period of contemplation. the only long-term benefit they have is giving you the emotional distance to sort out your long-term issues; otherwise they're just a crutch and therefore worse than nothing.

>any specific things, activities, or organizations in college i should be involved in
fraternities are bad news if you've got mental health issues of any kind. incredibly bizarre environments with no time for your depression or anxiety.
if you're having trouble making friends, consider taking up smoking cigarettes. every friend i made in college that i'm still close with, i met while smoking a cigarette outside my dorm or at a show or something. also, nicotine does more for depression than any pill ever will. shame it ruins your body.
>>
>>18588716
Alright I'll look into it.
>>
File: 13560527679.jpg (63KB, 615x459px) Image search: [Google]
13560527679.jpg
63KB, 615x459px
>>18588708
>defiantly

>>18588714
cold turquey

Are retardation just one of the many side-effects?
>>
>>18588721
Yeah pretty much. I mean if you calling me retarded that's fair, but the times I procastinated refilling my script and was off them for a week I would do stupid shit like wipe my ass and almost throw the toilet paper in the garbage. Your just kinda out of it.
>>
>>18588719
Yeah I think it's mostly placebo which is probably why it has "worked". Honestly the only effect I noticed is decreased appetite when upping dose. I was on 30mg adderall for like a year but stopped because it's fucking speed. Definitely felt it working but didn't help cause I swear I was starting to feel dependent on it to operate so I went cold turkey.
>>
>>18588717
Yeah I tried a running start program taking classes my junior year of highschool at the local community college and it upheaved it enough to where I noticed there might be some shit wrong.
>>
>>18588719
Yeah, I'm impartial to cigs but technically tobacco products including Vapes are banned and have some sort of penalty. But I'll see how well that is enforced.
>>
>>18588708
O yeah I(op) just switched to my phone so different Id nshit.
>>
The cost of my Welbutrin was jacked from 1.80 per bottle to 18.00 per bottle, doesn't matter if I go to Walgreens or CVS. I refuse to continue on it out of spite, that is an unethical increase which I won't pay for.
Went cold turkey a month ago with no symptoms. Maybe a little less memory acuity, is all. Fuck them.
>>
>>18588708
>Opinion on Wellbutrin (Bupropion)
My psych conned me into trying it to treat my bi-polar disorder. At the end of 3rd day all I could think about was killing myself.
>>
For me I just quit 100% off anti depressants after taking them for about 4-5 months (took wellbutrin + cymbalta combo) was able to handle it pretty well
>>
>>18588712
That's retarded amount of adderall I take usually 15 mg once in a while for hard studying and 30 mg max no xr
>>
>>18588730
Where do you get aderall without a prescription? In hs I just got that shit from other people it I don't know what to do now
>>
scientology has been alerted. expect contact from them soon.
>>
>>18588731
Yeah, honestly I glad I'm not the most social person cause I suck at finding drugs cause all the guys dealing in highschool aren't that smart in addition to making shitty choices. They act like that's what they are gonna do the rest of their lives but have no opsec and post incriminating pics on social media all the time.
>>
File: 1485562557620.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485562557620.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>18588732
>>
>>18588731
Find someone who sells weed they probably know a plug.

I don't get mine illegally I just have it prescribed because it's retardedly easy, just make sure insurance covers it
>>
>>18588733
Underage phaggot. But it's true in was in hs a year ago and their instas are fucked up and they think making it private is good enough
>>
>>18588708
I have heard Wellbutrin is gentler than most Anti-Depressant/Mood Stabilizers but DUDE THE SHITS STILL POISON. More exercise fewer pills. Psychiatrists are some of the worst drug dealers in the world.
>>
>>18588735
Yeah just fidget and be slightly restless while describing that you train of thought gets out of control and you end up far from where you started. Honestly ADHD isn't really much of a condition, I just find I just don't put up with other people's "Bullshit". I think it's mostly a self discipline issue.
>>
>>18588708

Did it make your hair fall out OP?
>>
>>18588736
Yeah, it just laughable to see someone who is incompetent at everything including drug dealing. I know they are exactly model citizens but if your gonna do something like that it doesn't take much effort to show up on time and know about the quality of product your selling. Like fucking Google some shit.
>>
>>18588708
Was on anti depressants and anti psychotics since my 18 until my 25. They pushed anti psychotics on me to sleep even though after a while I was unable to sleep without them. Took me three weeks of virtually nosleep before I started being able to sleep without them gradually. The anti depressants made my (probably only slightly more than typical for edgy teens) anxiety worse and made me into an actual psychotic mess.

My life will never be completely normal because of these meds. But sibce I stopped taking them my life has gotten better bit by bit.

The best advice is still to man up and not sedate yourself at any level for problems. Lift. Eat well. Be a man. Raise your test. Face your problems.
>>
>>18588739
Nah, is that an actual thing though.
>>
>>18588708
You're a kid. Stop complicating things and distract yourself with fun and living life. College is a jew trick that you'll realise was meaningless later, get off dr meds so you can sample other drugs.

Mdma, cocaine etc, as well as drinking. These things generally attract loose women so you'll get laid more too. Or get a working visa to Australia and spend your student loans on travelling.

It's all very easy. Relax grasshopper :)
>>
>>18588741
That's the plan man. I might just wait untill winter break just in case I become more unstable so my grades aren't affected.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.