[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High school senior with no idea what to do in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170801-WA0001.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170801-WA0001.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Hi! I'm kind of stumped on what I want to do for a living.

I'm a very creative person. I enjoy the fine arts, I'm a dancer, actor, I play various instruments and part of an orchestra. I also like creating content, like graphic design or AV production.

The thing is, I don't know if any of those would be a good career choice, seeing as they are creative jobs. You know how it is, you get a degree in any of these and you'll end up without a job for a long time. Even if you do find a job, it won't be something stable probably.

So I want to know what would be a good career path to take? I suck at math, if it matters. I'm very social though!

My girlfriend and I are looking to move to a big city in the future, and she's gonna study to be a psychologist. I'm pretty sure that's also one of those jobs where you'll have a hard time finding something stable for a while.

At this point, I'll do any job that requires a degree to make good bank. Even jobs without a degree are cool. I just don't want to be under financial stress, basically.

What can I choose?? Thanks for the help!
>>
Take a year off from college to think about it. I know a lot of people who spent a lot of money for bachelor's degrees they don't actually give a fuck about or use. Wait tables, get a stable job in a factory, or something for a while, get a little real life experience before you decide throw all of your money at something. And when you do pick, find something that really lights you on fire, that's important. Also most people I know do not keep the same job/career forever. The world isn't as finite as it sounds like you think it is, but of course you're young. Best advice about financial stress? Learn how to live frugally.
>>
Sounds like you should go be an accountant the work is easy as fuck and youll have plenty of money to puruse your hobbies
>>
So you're basically uneducated, your partner who probably isn't going to be with you in 6 months needs to go to school for ~6 more years and you want to be financially stable?

People major in the fine arts either because they have people like family to fallback on, or because they are stupid and lack direction.

Pursue a trade like HVAC/Plumbing/Electrician if you don't want a university education. They will always be needed and make a decent living, they are quite taxing on your body though. Big city won't be feasible in the foreseeable future unless you wish to live in squalor like a filthy nigger.

My advice: live with parents, go learn a trade, or most preferably, get a bachelors degree to make yourself more marketable.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.