[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it rude or autistic to ask that my photographs be removed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: LGITTTOI.jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
LGITTTOI.jpg
7KB, 188x268px
Is it rude or autistic to ask that my photographs be removed from the internet?

A few months back I won a short story competition. At the ceremony I was pressured into having my photo taken both by myself and in a larger group. I look absolutely fucking retarded in the photographs and some of them are now hosted on the website of the people who run the competition and also on their twitter account. They've posted them on facebook too but I think it's a closed group.

Would it be rude or autistic if I email them asking them to remove my photos and include the links to the pages where I can see them?

As for the group photo, it's a little trickier but I am standing at the very end of the group, would it be autistic for me to crop myself out and ask them to tweet that instead?

I've always avoided social media like the plague and guard my privacy, so the fact the handful of photos of me now available to all are absolutely retarded I'd rather they took them down.
>>
>>18588510
You should feel welcome to send them a cheery, polite email asking for the photos to be removed.
>>
>>18588510
Ask them to remove it, you will thank yourself later.
>>
>>18588510
If you do it, (and hell - I don't know your compulsions. Maybe this means a lot to you), then be self aware about it.

"I'm aware this is a super wierd request, but I'm really uncomfortable with public photographs. Would you guys mind taking down the photo of me from your site and using this cropped group photo instead? I'd be so grateful,

Regards,

SpazzyMcGee
>>
It's probably ok if you message them about it, but I'd suggest you to chill a bit and don't take this so seriously. What's the danger, specially when it's a picture of you winning some competition? Are you being prosecuted by the CIA?
>>
>>18588759
"oh hehe *weird sry for that xDDD"
>>
>>18588510

Tone is everything.
I am sure by taking part in that competition you agreed to have your photo taken and placed online, therefore you have no RIGHT to have it removed. If you now come like "I DEMAND MY PHOTO TO BE REMOVED REEEE" you can bet it will stay.
But if you just are not sure what it shows in terms of character: It is sensible to want to have a photo you are uncomfortable with taken from the net, of course it is.
So write to them, state your problem in a friendly tone and politely ask them to remove (or maybe alter?) it. Especially if you tell them that you feel uncomfortable because you think you look retarded there is no reason why they shouldn't comply.

That also makes the difference if you are rude/ autistic: If you DEMAND it and stomp on the ground like a little kid, then yes, if you ask politely and state your reason, then no.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.