[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I drop out of college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1491029394959.jpg (55KB, 529x720px)
1491029394959.jpg
55KB, 529x720px
I'm considering dropping out of college and going on disability. I finished my junior year not to long ago, I'm in pre-med majoring in Biology. The upcoming year is very important because it's when I would take the MCAT and apply to medical school.

A couple months ago I was in a bad car accident with my older brother. He was driving us somewhere at 2AM and he was driving very recklessly and we ended up crashing, we both got pretty badly injured. I got pretty messed up. When I came to I was in the hospital and my right leg was gone. My right arm/hand also received severe nerve damage but they still work, albeit my hand feels like 20% as capable as before.

I'm kind of at a loss. I don't feel like I can be a doctor anymore when I'm missing a leg and my dominant hand is severely impaired, I find it difficult to even write and walking is a painful slow experience. I've wanted to be a doctor since I was a kid but I feel like I just can't anymore.

Should I still try and go for it? I've invested 3 years into my major already so suddenly changing it just doesn't seem worth it, I don't what to do at this point. I'm not sure if a medical school will even take me now, I'm extremely discouraged. Maybe I should get my degree first then drop out so I can least say I have a degree? What do you guys think?
>>
Idk about the medical field but I think that being a doctor in most cases is out of the question but like I said I do t know, if you can find something I that field that Dosnt require both arms I think you'd be ok. We have two nurses on staff at the assisted living facility I live in and for the most part they tall to our disabled residents and help them manage doses of medication they have. Maybe you could do something likw that? I don't think you'll be able to be a surgeon or anything but I don't think you should rule out the idea of being in the medical field. 3ven if you can't be exactly what you wanted I'm sure you can find a job in the medical field you'll find rewarding. I can gauruntee you that being on disability will k to at all fulfill your life and make you happy. I'm sorry if this is a half ass post but I am drunk
>>
There's no chance OP. Doctor life itself isn't too bad depending on your specialty and place of work, you can probably find a niche that doesn't require being on your feet too much. The problem is medical school and your residency are torturous even when you're not disabled. I don't like to discourage people but it's a harsh reality, you'd be a liability.
>>
>>18588335
if anyone deserves disability its you

get a different vocation too (vocation is better than a job, you focus on helping others or doing something you enjoy not worrying about lots of money like a doctor.)
>>
>Maybe I should get my degree first then drop out so I can least say I have a degree? What do you guys think?
Or this, if you have not many years to go you can get it just in case.
>>
>>18588335
Psychiatrist might be an option. Definitely not a doctor though
>>
Become a teacher anon.
>>
>>18589123
I agree with this guy. Use your biology degree to become a cool biology teacher.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice. I guess it was hopeless after all to try and still be a doctor. I was hoping somewhere it was still possible but I guess I was just kidding myself. Being a teacher might be okay, I'll consider that. Psychiatry is probably one of my weaker subjects, mainly because I don't care for it that much so that's a no go for me. Thanks for the help guys.
>>
I hope your brother is shunned by his whole family.
>>
>>18589536
teach doctor, science, math, or something! get parents support and government support to do what you want. good luck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.