[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting a car even worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 711699fc53ad0eea001717c635159563.jpg (612KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
711699fc53ad0eea001717c635159563.jpg
612KB, 1080x1080px
I'm applying for a license soon but know nothing about car tax,I dont need a car at the moment so I'm starting to have second thoughts, my main priority in life is to move out my parents house, its hard to get a house in Britain these days so I was thinking about getting a motorhome but even that looks impossible.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I just want to move out so I can get some peace and quiet.
>>
I got a scooter until I had a steady enough income to afford a car. In the UK you don't need a bike license to drive one up to 125cc, you just need to do a CBT course and slap L plates on it. Much cheaper.
>>
>>18588062
Edit - Also need your provisional license though, but I'd definitely recommend getting your car license. Opens up much more stuff to you, work wise as well.
>>
I could probably walk across your entire country in three hours at some point of it so I don't fucking know. Meanwhile in the US I have to drive 20 minutes to get to work so a car is a prerequisite to being a functioning adult.
>>
It's great if you can afford it, mobility is great and it's best not being at the mercy of scheduling your life around bus schedules

Alternatively, you could look into finding a place that is close to where you want to work and bike there

Take into consideration the cost of parking, insurance, gas, menial car problems, possible tickets..

I live in the US and getting to work takes an hour on the bus rather than 20 by car
I deal with it since I literally cannot afford to have a car right now
However, I live close enough to school and grocery stores that I dont need a car at all except for work, and I only work weekends so its not so bad

Decide where youre going/how it would benefit you and weigh the pros and cons

Personally, I dont ever want to purchase a car until Ive graduated, financially stable and have my own place. But even then Im hoping Ill live close to my work so I can bike/bus there
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.