[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate just hung this giant Trainspotting poster in our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

My roommate just hung this giant Trainspotting poster in our living room. I used to live in a tiny, one room apartment with a heroin addict who I had to wake up multiple times because he was doing the death rattle in his sleep, we had a friend overdose and nearly die in our room and a whole bunch of other horrible experiences thanks to his habit.

I don't drink or do drugs just out of personal preference, but just having this giant poster about how supposedly wonderful a junkie's life is in my own home is somewhat upsetting.

Am I being a pussy or do I have to a right to ask her to take this shit down?
>>
Why are you living with a heroin addict?
>>
>>18587805
Tell her you had some bad experiences with friends overdosing on heroin and you'd rather not be reminded of it. If you think she won't care say one of your friends died from it. If she still doesn't care, well, you fucked up with your roommate.

But I think calmly explaining to her that you had a friend die from an overdose should do the trick.
>>
tell him to stick it into his own room. its a shitty poster, an eyesore. but you are also a pussy for getting offended by a movie's poster
>>
>>18587805
>how supposedly wonderful a junkie's life is

Have you seen this movie?
>>
>>18587805
>>18587979
And yeah you are being huge pussy. I had 2 friends die from dope this year, I don't do dope, and It's a good movie.
>>
>>18587805
I'm a "recovering" heroin addict, 3 years clean, and while your heart seems to be in the right place, I kind of think you're being a little bit of a pussy. I also think you might have missed the point of Trainspotting. It was, by my estimation or at least in my opinion, anything but pro-heroin/pro-addiction. It was a zany movie for sure but I wouldn't say it necessarily glamorized drug addiction. I mean... that opening scene?

At any rate, I wouldn't have a problem with the poster. Ask yourself how you'd feel if your roommate had put up a Godfather poster. The mafia's fun, r-right? Yeah not for the people or the families of those people who actually lived that life. It was probably pretty terrible. But it's Hollywood. It's a movie. So let's just calm down and not take it so seriously. You know?
>>
i don't think you're being too sensitive, some things just bring bad memories to the consciousness and that's understandable. if it really bothers you, ask them to hang the poster up somewhere else like in their room so you won't have to see. i'm sure they'll understand and if they don't then that's on them for being selfish towards others' feelings. best of luck <3
>>
>>18587805
Take the poster down
> Anon, were is the poster?
> I sold it for heroin
>>
>>18587979
That poster is actually glorifying heroin though
>>
Youre a dumb fuck who totally missed the point of the film

Best friend died from heroin, lost two more to it and got really fucked up thanks to it
Film gives me the heebeejeebies just thinking about it

>>18588210
stop being suck a faggot
ask her to pull it down because that's one ugly ass poster
>>
Nigger it's a good movie.

Just chill.
>>
>>18587805
love the movie but that poster is pretty ugly. I'd say you have a say in this it's the living room so you just can't hang up shit only you like. And i bet if you explain what you just told us he would understand, You got the message of the movie wrong though
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.