[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sister & Loans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

My parents might be losing the house soon due to not being able to make mortgage payments. I want to help out, but one of the big reasons they're coming up short is because they're paying my sister's college loan payments.

It's really pissing me off. They're not cosigned to her or anything, so it's not like they have a legal obligation to pay it off. They get mad whenever I pipe up about it and shut me out of financial conversations. Though even they acknowledged that they'd be able to pay meet monthly house payments without paying for her.

I love my parents and want to help, but I'm not helping them if it just means paying for my sister's financial woes. How do I reconcile this?
>>
Tell them if your sister has a good major then they won't have to worry about it.

If she chose the humanity path well you're fucked.
>>
>>18586602
>Tell them if your sister has a good major then they won't have to worry about it.
What? That assumes the sister is going to pay the mortgage, which probably won't happen.

OP, let them dig their own graves. They're not ignorant, they're completely aware of what's going on and choose to make the wrong decision. I get they're your parents and you care about them, but they're not children.
>>
>>18586591
Help them or don't. If you're genuinely concerned for them and not just trying to fuck over your sister, talk to her and try to convince her to pay a larger portion of her bills to take some weight off your folks *while* you pledge a specific amount of your own money toward their mortgage.
>>
>>18586591
do you live with them ?
in what way can you contribute ?
what is your sisters major ?
how long have they deflated on the bill ?
>>
>>18586591
Mortgage means death pledge in latin.

For the sake of helping your parents I'd swallow whatever pride I have and help, regardless.
>>
>>18586612
I don't hate my sister, but I'm not interested in funding her life. I'll give it a go in talking to her.
>>18586602
She chose Social Work, but never finished the degree so she doesn't actually have the major, she just has 35,000 worth of the major in debt.
>>18586613
Yes.
I work, so I figured I'll help them with car payments or something so they're not as worried.
She doesn't have one, just debt, she never finished school.
I'm not sure on that last question.
>>18586615
I love my parents, but I won't waste my life away for their bad decisions either. That might make me selfish or ungrateful, but I don't want to live my life paying for my sister.
>>
>>18586591
>My parents might be losing the house soon due to not being able to make mortgage payments. I want to help out, but I want to humiliate my sister for being poor first.

Just get on with your one earthly purpose, you personality-free paypig.
>>
>>18586655
>I love my parents, but I won't waste my life away for their bad decisions either. That might make me selfish or ungrateful, but I don't want to live my life paying for my sister.

So you basically want them to beg you more and debase themselves, as well as hurting your sister. Or do you want them to completely disown your sister as the price of your help? You have narcissistic personality disorder. I'm sure they wish they didn't have to ask you for help - that they had kids who weren't broke failures or mean creeps - but this is the hand they were dealt. And this is the hand you were dealt. Are you going to help, or are you looking for validation in your psychopathy?
>>
>>18586966
My sister has a full time job and makes plenty of money on her own. She's since moved out and lives with her boyfriend, but they're still paying her college bills. She's by no means poor.

Nice job assuming the worst though. I'm sure you're great at parties.
>>
>>18586982
I'm not assuming the worst, you provided none of that information and were whining about indirectly aiding someone you want to punish for some reason. Now you've explained that you're envious, it makes sense.
>>
>>18586976
My sister isn't broke though. And they didn't ask or beg me for help, I just offered it because I didn't want to see them kicked out of the house. My sister lives a very lavish life style, so I'm not sure where you're getting broke failure outside of your own baseless assumptions. Nice job regurgitating what you read out of the DSM though you pseudo-intellectual asshole.
>>
>>18586991
I provided none of that information therefor you're assuming. I'm not trying to punish her, I'm just trying to cut her off from his unwarranted revenue, whether or not I'm envious doesn't matter. It's clear you're making a fuss because you're looking to be self righteous, but it just makes you look stupid.
>>
Do you pay rent?
>>
>>18586991
>>18586976
remember not to listen to people like this
How mad do you have to be in real life to post shit like this online
>>
>>18587002
I do.
>>
>>18586994
You never said that. You offered the help, why are you dangling it in front of them like a carrot? Shit or get off the pot.

>lavish life style
Right, so you've confirmed that your reluctance to help is based on an envious refusal to help her even indirectly. No regurgitation, just observation. You offered, so what's holding you up? You want them more grateful, or more humble? What's your problem?
>>
>>18587004
I don't think it's anger. I think some people just love to be able to take the moral high ground whatever way they can in order to make themselves feel better.
>>
>>18587008
I want them to stop paying for her? Why should I be okay with my parents paying for something she should be paying for? Why should I enable them if they do? I have my own money to make and I won't invest it in a sunk cost. You can call it whatever you like, but only an idiot would do that.

You're making it sound like I'm torturing them. I offered my help, and I'll withdraw it if I don't want to help her. No, I don't like her and I don't want her taking advantage of my parents.
>>
>>18587007
Do you know what percentage of the mortgage your rent covers? Also are you sure your parents would really lose the house a fixed payment over another fixed payment (sister's loan?)

This just sounds like bad math, is there any variability in wages or expenses why would they be in this situation?
>>
>>18587000
>whether or not I'm envious doesn't matter

Yes, it does. It's the key issue. That's how your parents will see it, that's how you've made it sound yourself. You're trying to "cut her off" as the price of your help. Why are you making hurting your sister a condition of your helping your parents? I don't care if I look stupid to someone who thinks "lifestyle" is two words, mispells "therefore" and thinks any use of words longer than three syllables is "pseudo-intellectual".

Everyone knows how this story goes - the stupid, ordinary sibling with a stable nine-to-five resents the smarter but flakier sibling who landed on her feet through dumb luck. You want to make things difficult for her because you think hurting your parents and alienating your sister will make it up to you for getting no further than community college. The thing is - you were always going to be a peasant, no matter whether your sister was smarter or stupider than you. Taking it out on them is even more senseless than most of the things about your life.
>>
>>18587026
>No, I don't like her
Thank you for finally being honest. Your withdrawing your help means two things. One, in classic NPD style, you're making them choose her or you. Second, you're humiliating them by critiquing their outgoings rather than simply paying up. What possible desirable outcome do you envisage from this alienating, spiteful behavior?
>>
>>18587026
Stop taking the bait
>>
>>18587042
>Just finished freshman year psych chk me out 4chan!
>>
>>18587044
It's not bait, OP sounds tragically bitter, the kind of asshole relative who people *borrow money* in order to pay back more quickly.
>>
>>18587029
Nice string of assumptions, buddy. How am I hurting my sister by making her pay for what is ultimately her responsibility? You seem to be intent on letting her off the hook because you've got this weird philosophy about winners and losers.

I don't work a 9-To-5 and I don't go to community college. It sounded like YOU have some ego problems you not to sort out more than anything. Everything you just said is completely baseless and clearly a projection of your own ideals.

But down Nietzsche and try again.
>>
>>18587042
What should I do? Besides you're baseless assumptions and diagnosis, you haven't given me any sort of solution. I should just let them keep paying a debt they don't need to pay, to someone who doesn't need to be supported in that way? Give me an honest answer.
>>
>>18587046
>I hate acquired knowledge, applaud my spite 4chan!
>>
>>18587060
Hahaha you are missing the point, you are just stroking your ego with a pseudo analysis in no way helping op you are just aggravating them further.

The trolls so deep.
>>
>>18587056
You should ignore bait posting and read the thread, you will never get advice if you keep on shitposting
>>
>>18587053
No, it's obvious from what you've written, you're not bright enough to conceal your attitude problem.

>letting her off the hook

Do you not realize how tragic you sound? She's not on a hook, your parents are. They're on your hook. Right now, you want to give them an ultimatum about one of their committments, that they made out of their love for your sister in steadier times. You're saying they should symbolically drop her or lose your help. That's what you're *saying*. How can you not see that all you'll achieve is hurting them?

I didn't say you went to community college *now*, you illiterate.

>you not to sort out
No, it's neither baseless nor a projection. I completed my degree and I don't have anyone paying off my debts for me. I'm looking at the information you provided. Look at what you've written, ask yourself what you really want to achieve by all of this, then shut the fuck up and help your parents, who didn't even ask you to in the first place. That's love.
>>
>>18587069
We can see you're the same person, your illiteracy is an indelible brand.

>>18587071
He's not because he knows it's not bait, it's the truth.
>>
>>18586591
Anon they do it because they love both of you, and would do it as well with you, I would say that you should talk to your sister and open her eyes that your parents are going to be kicked from their house and she is being comoletely selfish about the situation.
>>
>>18587080
This is the dumbest shyt I have read today, I am not so bored to argue with myself 4chan alone is pretty far down the hole.
>>
>>18587074
I'm not going to respond to you anymore. All your posting is just transparent try-hard manipulation. Go watch your Dexter re-runs or something.
>>18587089
That actually does sound better. I'll call her tomorrow and see what happens.
>>
>>18587027
My mom lost her job several years back, and these problems started cropping up since. I don't know the specifics my rent covers, all I know is if I pay more I can help them out. I plan to get a full rundown of expenses soon to get a better idea of where my money can go.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.