[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trade or Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: feels-bad-man-pink-dress.jpg (27KB, 560x760px) Image search: [Google]
feels-bad-man-pink-dress.jpg
27KB, 560x760px
So I'm at an impasse here. I hate school, but I like my degree and I like being able to study my passions freely (art & writing.) By big dream is to get masterful at both. I don't expect to ever make a fortune off my work though.

I don't need a job right now, but I feel like I'm cheating myself by living the way I do. I'm 22 and not even close to done with school due to starting late. I have the opportunity to go into a trade I really like, but I feel like if I commit myself to that trade full time, I'll be giving up on my dreams. I'd want to be very good at my trade, just like I'd want to be good at writing and drawing, but I don't feel like I can be very good at all three.

I feel like no matter what choice I make I'm fucking myself over. And I feel like I'll regret either choice no matter what. It's really tearing me apart inside.
>>
Why not both?
It's gonna be hard, but it's possible. You'll probably have to neglect art a little bit, but nothing to cry over.

And yeah. You will regret either choice.
The sooner you suck it up, the better.

Don't stress over it. You'll do fine either way.
Chin up.
>>
>>18586512
I'll have to do both in the end I think. I just hate going half way on things. I don't mind taking the trade, but I'd want to be either really good at the trade or really good at the arts I like, but I'm of the philosophy in order to be really good you have to devote your time completely to it.
>>
I disagree with this philosophy.
Take that for what it is.

Become good at both. Prove it to yourself.
>>
File: 1500181661413.jpg (42KB, 499x424px) Image search: [Google]
1500181661413.jpg
42KB, 499x424px
Sounded like you at 18.
Chose dreams
Have massively regretted it ever since
Everyone I know has houses, multiple cars, goes on vacation constantly

> My face when my account is overdrawn and I don't know how I'm eating, my cars breaking down, live in a studio apt fucking shithole, work stupid job I fucking hate that I guess is my career now, and regret every decision I've ever made about my career
>>
>>18586453
Do you even NEED to make money for it to be your dream? Can't you get a trade (if that's the option you choose) and then do all you like after work? It's work and can suck but you go home and master your dream (just not for $$, in the scenario you get the trade)

But on the other hand, your dreams sound... nice, if it worked out. Its Just that I don't understand why you must stop just because you get a job unrelated to them.
>>
I think you can do both

Very little will stop you from enjoying such a simple hobby, it's not like your dream is to become a fighter pilot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.