[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't tell if girlfriend is depressed or just being an asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1462692069825.jpg (257KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462692069825.jpg
257KB, 800x800px
Lads,

I've been with this girl about a year. Shit's been great. She's been absolutely head over heels the entire time. She has some deep-rooted depression and anxiety, going back to when she was a child. Makes her paranoid about people and things about her. Always assumes horrible things, etc.

Last month, she pulled away from me. Hard to get in touch with at all. I'd send her texts telling her I'm here for you, I"m not mad, etc. She'd come around saying she's sorry for the way she's handling this, she knows it's not the right way, but she just needs a little more time to come to her senses.

Few days go by, she hits me up saying she's going back to her dorm and we can finally have a talk about this. We talked for a bit through text, but never ended up having a call. Few days after that, she goes on vacation, sends me a shit load of pictures while there, responds to the ones I send her, etc. She came back and I asked her is she ready to talk about this, she said yeah she is. We didn't. But she said she's sorry she's put me through all of this.

That was about 4 or 5 days ago. This is where I'm at now. I know anxiety and depression can make you pull away, get scared of talking to people, and all of that shit. I've dealt with it before.

My question is, should I just sit back and wait to see if she comes out, or press her more? She seems like she's aware the way she's coping is bad, but never tells me to actually leave. She's always been the type to say if she wanted to leave, she would leave. I've been reading a lot of anxiety/depression forums and subreddits and a lot of people seem to say they do the same thing, pulling away and ignoring for weeks at a time.

Personally, I'm fine with it. I've dealt with that shit before and I'm happy to be the rock that supports her. I just wanted to know what you guys think.
>>
I don't know. My boyfriend is depressed as well and is pulling away from me too.

I don't think pressing them is the answer.
>>
>>18586618
Shit sucks. It's like they lose all ability to communicate. I guess my only option is to leave her a nice message and tell her I'm here when she wants to open up about this.
>>
Its a hard balance, but the idea is to not push her into talking, but frequently letting her know that the option is always open.

Support her no matter what, thats the difference between friends and partners
>>
>>18586408
OP, from the sound of things she's going on with her life like a normal person and you are giving her a pass with the depression excuse. What she's doing is trying to break up but hasn't the guts to say it to your face. Don't care what she has said before you aren't in a relationship any longer.
>>
>>18586408
If you really really like her, just let her know that you're waiting however long you need to wait.
If you're not into her that much, then be more demanding.
>>
>>18586796
That's not always true. When you have depression you push people away. It doesn't always mean anything else is going on.
>>
>>18586408
Talk about it with her in person. Fuck doing that shit over text.
>>
>>18586408

stop making it about her, because its not about her. you want to be around her and she doesnt want to be around you. you have to teach people to be what you need them to be for you. people like having a purpose.
>>
>>18587560
OP is putting her needs before his because he cares about her. Duh.
>>
>>18587611
if he cared about her, he would let her be the person he needs her to be. enabling bad behavior isnt going to help anyone and isnt a good foundation for a relationship
>>
>>18587621
He's not enabling bad behavior though. You can't magically fix depression.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.