[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are vows worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: as3.jpg (39KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
as3.jpg
39KB, 774x1032px
What does marriage mean? What makes a divorce so much worse than a breakup, if there aren't kids involved?

Struggling to come to terms with my feelings about the vows I made with my partner in front of friends and family. I would never cheat on him. That's a vow I'd keep in any relationship, married or not. But is staying in an unhappy marriage for the rest of my life worth the vague sense of honor that comes with not breaking that vow? I really don't know.
>>
so you want to get divorced? why? have you really tried everything you could to solve the issues before you give up? did you both went to therapy? did you get couoles counseling? have you actually made an effort to understand what's not working?

the only really worthy thing you tell someone by marrying them is "i won't give up on us so easily".
>>
If you don't have kids it'll sure make it easier

Remember you are still anonymous so feel free to include some details so we can actually help with an answer here.
Relationships are never simple, and as long as you are both faithful to each other its usually worth working on. Maybe he is going through a rough patch or its a matter if circumstances or depression.
We certainly should not be recommending divorce without details.

I will add that while divorce has its stigma, its not the end of your life and even if you aren't young, you can still try again.
>>
>>18586261
Specifically what vows are you referring to? Are you feeling like you can't commit any longer? Or is he just not working with you?
>>
Main difference is when you get married, a lot of your money, property, etc. is shared so when you get a divorce, the court has to determine what is yours and his and then divide the "marriage property" (money, property, shit you bought together, etc.)

So in other words, getting a divorce means a lot of drama and sometimes money/property loss.

Luckily you all don't have kids so that cuts out most of the drama in divorce.

Also, I agree with the other anons. Work on it first, don't have kids/get pregnant, and then see how you feel. You're the one who agreed to be married - that is a legal contract and more than just "eh I guess I'll settle for you for now."
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.