[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

partner's mental health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: mental-health-jerry-nelson.jpg (32KB, 700x477px) Image search: [Google]
mental-health-jerry-nelson.jpg
32KB, 700x477px
Hey guys, I think something is wrong with my partners mental health.

They've always been kind of a cold and standoffish person, but lately when they've entered into this zone of negativity they start questioning their own thoughts and behaviour.

They've been questioning whether they've manipulated me into this relationship by making me care for them (so that they will have someone who cares about them), and they've voiced concerns over what value this relationship has to them personally. As it is right now they only find real value in earning money, and I am guessing because that is such a purely physical thing that it can't be mistaken.

I am concerned for their health, they've always had a hard time letting people get closer and have not seen much value in personal relationships on this level. They've told me before that this relationship (where both parties care for another) is a first for them and have been questioning their own nature regarding it.

If any of you have heard anything similar before, please let me know. I've advised my partner to seek professional help, but they seem reluctant due to past experiences being negative. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>18586116
Hello Im bob and I'm not a doctor or any kind just your typical guy who has ptsd depression and anxiety from past trauma.. I also have friends who suffer from mental illnesses kind of like what your describing... I am telling you all this simply because you need to know unless some one says there a shrink or dr take what have have to say lightly as with mental illnesses you can fuck some one up worse then whats going on for them now with the wrong moves..
With that sad I recommend you continue to be there for them by there side, letting them know they did not drag you in to a relation ship for there own terms hat its a two way street and both of you are in this together... allow them to understand you do care and show them that you do. This will mean a huge amount to them... Speak of perhaps getting some help together as you feel you have some issues as well you wanna work out... Even if you don't .. Now if they say no then don't push the issue! allow them to get a better mental hold on things and then try asking them again.. But DoNot push this issue... no one wants to seek mental help, Trust me I spent years fighting it and once I hit rock bottom I was forced to and honestly I have no fucking clue why I did not do it sooner... But thats decides the point... Just make sure you continue to be there for them, just being there makes a huge difference and watch out for there well being some times we all need a hug or a kick in the ass just make sure you know when you need to kick some one in the ass.. Meaning if they start getting sucidel .. Just keep in mind this persons not damaged, they are just going through a hard time in there life and look at it like a cut.. Some times all you need to do is kiss the ouch, other times clean it and bandage it and when its past your ability to care for it you go get stitches by a dr... Just know where you lie in all this and never push the person unless its a emergincy then seek help..
>>
>>18586151
what a cute response
>>
that sounds just like me.
in a way, they are right, most relationships aren't as "romantic" as some would like them to be. they serve very real purposes, like "i need someone to mommy me" or "i need you to feel like i improved my status", "i desperately want kids". it's also completely ok to have such motivations behind entering a relstionship. most often the reasons are something along the lines of "to escape lonelines, to have frequent and convenient sex, to have kids, to feel validated in my desireability". the issues obly arises if the relatio ship suddenly no longer fits that initial purpose. for example: you wanted frequent sex snd now there's none. you wanted kids and they can't have any. you wanted someone to do the household for you but they turned out to be lazy slobs, etc.
it's important to think about those dynamics and how they are at work in your relationship.

your partner does have issues they need to solve. they aren't capable of real intimacy, they keep you at arms length. i do that, too. i'm a "lone wolf". but at the core lf it is plain and simply the fear of not being good enough once the other person sees all of you. you are sure they can't deal with the truth. and the fact they have that feeling might also be your fault to some extend. maybe you over reacted to something they classified as "minor". now they don't think you are capable of handling the heavier stuff. this creates huge walls, which distances both of you. it kills all intimacy and makes this relationship obsolet if the purpose of it was "someone to care about me". they wanted to find someone who can deal with them completely and not freak out over stuff that was only "scratching on the surface".

i suggest you go to couples therapy. if they won't go, go alone and see what the therapist tells you to do.

good luck.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.