[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am too dumb for college. Too sensitive to hold an stressful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1497453355428.jpg (34KB, 293x357px) Image search: [Google]
1497453355428.jpg
34KB, 293x357px
I am too dumb for college. Too sensitive to hold an stressful job. Live in a third world shithole where the minimun wage is so low and you won't earn more without a college degree.
I am too autistic for social situations.I've never had a friend in my life. I am too lazy to work myself into developing a marketable skill. I have no motovation at all. I am miserable and make people around me miserable. I want to end it all already but my family would get depressed. My mom is just coming out of cancer and is very weak right now and the impact could affect her health. I want to quit life but feel hostage to my family cause I want them to go on without me but I know it wont be like that and they will be affected but at the same time theres no way at this point I can fix myself into a normal functioning independent adult.

I don't know how to fix myself, I can't get smarter or get better at socializing, a low IQ aspie will always be a low IQ aspie. I've spent seven years struggling trying to find that one thing I can do that could save me but it seems to be impossible. I want to give up. What do?
>>
>>18585829
>Live in a third world shithole where the minimun wage is so low and you won't earn more without a college degree.

Where
>>
>>18585838
Ecuador, south america.
>>
What are your parents saying?
>>
>>18585862
They just keep supporting me into going to college or finding something I can do. So far I think I used allbmy chances for free career at the public university and I'm too dumb for a career. Right now I'm just working as receptionist in a Buddhist temple for 10 dollars a day.
>>
>>18585869
Any particular thing you have a remote interest on?
>>
>>18585887
Well obviously weeaboo shit.
Also music, I always wanted to learn to play guitar but I couldn't stand the discipline of hours and hours of practice so I would quit it after a certain point. Pick it up again and then quit again and so on.

I studied law for a semester but failed all my classes because I'm too stupid and lazy. Then I went for a career in english teaching and this one was so easy since I already knew english and the pedagogy classes were a joke. After 3 years and only two semesters away to finishing it I dropped out though, I couldn't stand it any longer and attempted suicide and decided teaching is not for me. The sole idea of standing in front of a classroom of 50 teenagers and being responsible of them and keeping their attention and everything gives me nightmares.
>>
>>18585848
Move to the US or someplace in Europe. Save up all the money you can and just go.
>>
>>18585991
Lol youre on the other side of the world and yet were internally the same. Try firewalling everything but khanacademy.org and get dem achievements.
>>
>>18586189
That sounds like a joke.
How do I move? With what money? How would an unemployed man without superior education get an american or european visa? Where would I arrive and what would I do then?
>>
File: 1499839299963.jpg (248KB, 1093x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1499839299963.jpg
248KB, 1093x1132px
>>18585829
>self identifies as a weeb
>is suicidal
hi from tumblr
>>
File: 1501101628324.png (142KB, 300x396px) Image search: [Google]
1501101628324.png
142KB, 300x396px
>>18586260
Hi mate, what are you trying to do?
>>
>>18586201
>internally the same
If you don't mind, can you tell me what your experience is?
>>
I'm very similar to you, the only difference is that I don't want to kill myself. I dunno why I'm even replying because I don't even have any real advice. I did try going to uni after finishing high school, but was literally too dumb for it. I hated it, so I dropped out, got depressed and just became a neet for a while. Parents still wanted me to try and go study somewhere. After a while I decided to do it (I actually didn't want to do it, but didn't want to disappoint my parents even more), so I picked a vocation school and started learning (I actually don't know how you'd call this profession in English correctly) how to design stuff, I guess. I work with a few programs that let me design furniture or draw schematics of buildings and stuff, then render them to make them look good. To my surprise it's actually kinda enjoyable. I still have 1 more year to go, but I dread the day when I'll have to start working. I have no motivation for it at all. I just hope I'll get lucky and will be able to work from home because 3 of my classmates are already doing it.

I don't know how it is in Ecuador but maybe try looking up some vocational schools like me. It's free and I still got scholarship because it's really easy there. We don't get homework, there's no tests or exams. You're just learning how to do stuff that's required for your profession. They have some interesting professions to choose from, that colleges and unis don't have. It's still somewhat of a start even if you don't get a college/uni degree.
>>
>>18586504
Oh, and age doesn't really matter when you're studying. Most of my classmates are older than me. There's one woman in her early 40s, two other in their mid 30s.
>>
>>18586504
My country is too unfair with people without degree. Tradesmen are bound to get minimun wage regardless of how good they are, their work is way too underrated. So just learning a trade or vocation, I'm afraid it won't help me, I don't know.

I hope you can work at home as you want.
>>
>>18586719
Yeah, if your country is at fault then I don't know. Maybe try looking up something that you could do on the internet? I did find a "job" once where I wrote reviews and stuff about smartphone apps. Got $5-15 for a review, depending on the quality of the review. The site closed down though I also managed to find some site where I actually made $15 in just 1 hour which is a lot imo. But the site was mainly for US/UK residents, so I used a VPN to bypass it. When it was time to pay up, they just closed down my account.

I don't suppose you have any relatives in other countries where you could move to? You could also try therapy. I know that some accept people for free and others lower the price if you can't afford it. But I guess it differs from person to person and I don't know if the quality differs from the paid therapy.

>I hope you can work at home as you want.
At the same time I do and don't. I can't be arsed to get up every morning and go to work and stay there the whole day, but at the same time by staying at home all the time will make me feel even more miserable I imagine since I won't meet anyone.
>>
>>18586752
>You could also try therapy
I've seen a numerous amount of psychologists for the last 8 years, I can confidently say the entire branch is bullshit.
I don't think I can get a visa for another country, I wish I could, I'd love to go to America but I don't even know what I could work on.
I just want to be a productive normal independent adult.
>>
>>18586809
Don't come to America, it's shit here currently. Especially to people of Latin or Hispanic origin.

All these white people think their shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>18587109
I want to go in legally though.
>>
>>18586189
you're retarded if this is the best advice you can come up with
>>
If you try harder than average, you can overcome stupidity and do well in college. Trades probably too common in 3rd world countries, if you learn a computer job, you just get over the hurdle of learning the "language" and then set for life.
>>
Also, holy crap... I just remembered that in America there's a program called PDG and DORS and they help people with your exact problem, because there's lots of people like you who struggle to earn enough.

>>18587400
Trades here are very worthwhile, idk you could do a trade and move to America, especially with your parents help you'd survive easily.
>>
I am waiting for new game to be over so i can watching the whole thing.
>>
File: 1434178776397.jpg (2MB, 2586x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1434178776397.jpg
2MB, 2586x3500px
>>18587429
On the stupidity part I guess I should expand a little more.
When I was in school and high school I was very depressed and my ways to cope with it was sleeping, videogames or just letting my imagination run a narrative of a better life. This way I never had anything above average grades and I particularly avoided math and anything to do with numbers to the point now when I have to count shit I use my fingers, I can't do mental calculation at all or follow logical abstract thinking and nothing with numbers.

If I could go back in time I really would do my best to learn math but now is impossible and most jobs fitting for socially awkward people tend to be engineering jobs which obviously require math.

Can I overcome "stupidity" at this stage of life? (25 years old). My dad is 65 and I don't want him to continue to work just to mantain my leeching ass, I love him too much to do that to him.
>Trades probably too common in 3rd world countries.
Yeah, like I said, excellent tradesmen that could build you anything or do anything you need done get minimun wage and are overall very underrated, which is sad, it's like if you don't have a degree and are young you get shit lower class life, and believe me lower class ecuadorian life makes American lower class look like middle-high.

>>18587445
>Trades here are very worthwhile, idk you could do a trade and move to America, especially with your parents help you'd survive easily
I wish, this could be a good idea but like I said, I doubt I'd get a visa, I don't have any criminal records or anything and know the english language decently at least but no degree and no work experience at my age are serious red flags

>Trades here are very worthwhile, idk you could do a trade and move to America, especially with your parents help you'd survive easily
Elaborate? I don't get you.

>>18587529
It's really fun so far.
>>
>>18587959
I am exactly like you word for word, only I am in USA. Same exact situation (even the suicidal part, and the father part, everything)

>Can I overcome "stupidity" at this stage of life? (25 years old).
Yes, absolutely. You even said you'd try harder in school, you just need opportunities now & put in the effort again... It's the only way for anyone.

>Elaborate? I don't get you.
People in US go to college so we need trade workers. College is also possible, I got it for free and could've chosen so many fields (I failed due to laziness and poor math skills - I could've done it even with my low IQ if I really wanted it).

There's programs like disability $ for you (you DEFINITELY qualify), and one local to me called PDG Rehab that helps people exactly like you (ppl who struggle with stress, work, low IQ, sensitivity etc.) and basically hold your hand until you're comfortable to leave them.

I'm sure you have opportunities in Ecuador, you need to talk to your dad though. He will support you I'm sure... It seems you only want to kill yourself because of guilt of being a burden.
>>
>>18587959
>>18588113
Also, you make it sound like it's near impossible for you to survive in Ecuador without your parents. That's why I push going to USA... Trades are more valuable here and in other non-3rd world countries like Switzerland.

But you must have a chance there if your dad has work.

Most of all you should talk to him because he'll like seeing you try anything and he'll surely support it.
>>
About suicide:

Seriously, it's not an option for you, youre suicidal from MENTAL dilemmas, not physical illness. You can live through it and will be better when it's over.

Ignore the "i'm too dumb" attitude, you just need to try harder... You type perfectly well, describe yourself fine, I can tell you would succeed in college or trade.
>>
However, for suicide personally I read this

8ch DOT net/suicide/res/19549.html#25691

That is for myself, i already read the post carefully. I would only suicide if it were painless and I had a severe illness, not for any mental reasons.
>>
p.s. keep a normal/stable attitude, NOT lazy (youll get used to it, just a lifestyle change), don't let "dumbness" drag you down, and just prepare for a normal work-life, everyone can do it. i know you can do it because your problems sound identical to mine (only different countries) and I think I can definitely do it.

btw. email me at [email protected], maybe i can help you personally (not about the suicide post) as i'm the only one replying recently. bye & I hope you'll be okay buddy
>>
File: Ichigo.Mashimaro.full.37415.jpg (284KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo.Mashimaro.full.37415.jpg
284KB, 1024x768px
>>18588113
I've been waiting for opportunities for the last 7 years and the dissapointments have sent me to embarrassing setbacks (binge eating, alcohol, a brief year long H addiction that managed to kick off before it destroyed me)
I've tried thinking about studying on my own the skills that I never learned but when I think about learning from scratch 13 years of elementary school/high school from basic arithmetic to math and algebra and shit I get scared and rub it off.

I would never like to accept welfare money unless it was my only way to survive, here the most I could get is an ID that identifies me as having a disorder and it would just grant me useless privileges like half price on certain shit and affirmatice action when applying to jobs which dorsn't work on practice since barely any employer actually wants to accept dissabled people and honestly I do not want to be labeled.

I'm trying to mantain a stable attitude or tried to but lately it has been so difficult I returned to eating and drinking heavily.
About suicide, I would kill myself if only it wasn't for my family.
>>
>>18586211

they were saying this because your typing english seems pretty good, and places where english is first or second language in the northern hemisphere tend to be more chances to earn a living.

if you can get to USA legally by any means, then bankrupt yourself to do it if you're really tilting towards suicide.

once you get here, even if you're broke, you can get back on your feet pretty quick so long as you 1: don't get addicted to drugs, 2: don't get a girl pregnant, and 3: don't commit crimes.
>>
>>18589276
I can do that if only I had the money to get there and even that is not much of a problem,the problem is the visa, you know getting there legally. I applied once to the visa lottery but didnt get it.
>>
>>18589265
>13 years of elementary school/high school from basic arithmetic to math and algebra
I also have to get through math, but I count with my fingers... I need to think about simple addition/subtraction. It wasn't THAT long to learn. In college you get through that quick, I learned more abstract stuff quicker than in elementary-highschool (it just took me some hours longer than the others and I needed the college teachers help.) Had I JUST not been lazy, I'd not have dropped out and I would've passed.

I really think you can do it but you must look to the future, the struggle won't be forever, just get past the bullshit technical training (most people learn that, but never need to use it later on - my dad is an engineer and he says he forgot his top-level math) - maybe try a job you know won't be hard after training...

I'm sorry you're struggling and suicidal, but please don't be lazy. You said yourself you would try harder if you were in school again, that is completely in YOUR control...

If you have your dads support, don't let the training/studying deter you from college...

I wish you the best fate... This job issue is a common problem for people my age, its a worldwide problem. You'll get through it.
>>
>>18589887
Btw It's not too bad to binge or drink sometimes, I also binge sometimes when there's food and I'm stressed. Many drink and do drugs but it doesn't effect their work life. I cannot ever kick the habit without effort, so you should not use it as an excuse not to try at all.

You have your dads support and time. Suicide may be easy but if your issues are mental (not physical) and temporary, don't you think it's worth to get through them?

Keep applying every year to that visa lottery but take advantage of opportunities you have in your country.
>>
at least you have anime in 3rd world countries to hold you down B)

Try to stay comfy, keep stable attitude like you seem to possess. please no despair, make some effort to go onward in life.

even my parents wanted me to go to a 3rd world country (a village in Peru) and they didn't even worry, they just support me while I need it knowing my problems EXACTLY like you (I quit my first job in 2 weeks from stress and someone yelled at me so I couldn't stay.) They knew even I could survive with all my issues.

You have good support too. lucky you have a dad that loves you! & you're simply not too dumb to get through college, just be patient with it.
>>
Stop being a pussy and get your hands dirty and your back sore. Do all the jobs you can find. An income is better than no income. Outdoor jobs are easy and generally pay a bit more than minimum. Office work is soul sucking and they won't pay you much.

You're gonna have to bust your ass there is no easy way out of poverty. If you are unemployed then you aren't even trying. Get a job.
>>
File: 1478347858913.jpg (28KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478347858913.jpg
28KB, 375x375px
Guten tag!

"keep feeling and looking within" - Edward Muzika

Feel your 'I Am' sense, or the sense that you exist, your presence.

Can't you see by now you're not the body? You are a spirit. But you think you're a body that's born, gets sick, gets horny, dies. You've lived forever, everything you want is within you.

You're eternal peace, happiness, bliss... right this second you are that, but we all tend to "think", think we're people in a world... trapped by our problems.
>>
>>18585829
I didn't even finished highschool because I just couldn't stand it. Imagine how I am.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.