[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long distance relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: long.jpg (66KB, 774x386px) Image search: [Google]
long.jpg
66KB, 774x386px
Here's the situation:
>met her recently, started out great but got separated relatively quickly for two months
>at first we kept in touch constantly, messaging, phone calls, etc
>planned to go to a vacation together, be together the whole time, the whole pacakage basically
>it dwindled to a few messages a day now
>a month still to go...

Is this normal? How often couples talk to each other in ldr? She said she will be busy helping her mom and whatnot but I'm thinking that our relationship is slowly fizzling out...
Don't feel like forcing conversation and sending tons of messages because it seems overly needy.
Am I just overthinking this?
>>
>>18585402
Have you booked your vacation anon? How long have you been apart for because from personal experience the 5 month mark is where it gets really hard. Calling/talking over the phone is good too, it's much more personal than just messaging each other and you can ease into topics better

I feel you just have to hold on until that holiday and then it will spike back up
>>
>>18585402
It's good OP that you think about how she is going to receive communication more than you worry about yourself appearing in X manner.

It's pretty fair to assume she could just be very busy or go through some difficult time. You could actually even just flat out ask "You don't write so much these days, are you busy?", but of course, I don't know what kind of person she is like, for example, is she open to you or rather keeps many secrets.

At this point, you should just be straightforward, or it's going to be real awkward when you meet next time in person and you don't know where the relationship is at.
>>
>>18585411
>Have you booked your vacation anon?
Nah but it's like a sure thing and we both agreed to go.

>How long have you been apart
A month, we're halfway through

What's bothering me is how much the communication has diminished. We haven't spoken to each other in a while and now it has come to just a few messages.
We talked about the distance and being sincere about our relationship (we both want it to last) but the drop in communication kinda threw me off. I dunno, maybe it just a bad week or something but not sure so hence this thread.
Never been in ldr so any inputs are welcome.
>>
>>18585422
>You could actually even just flat out ask "You don't write so much these days, are you busy?

Was thinking about it, I'll see in a day or two if I'll do it. Thing is that we already talked about being apart and that we will go through it, so I'm kinda reluctant to bring up that subject again.
>>
>>18585438
You should book it because right now it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Promise or not.
>>
Just call her then? How far apart, you could try to arrange a meeting/surprise her to get some face to face
>>
Talk to her about how the decrease in communication has made you feel. It's important to stay feeling connected when you're going long distance. You need to have some form of communication every day: phone call, Skype, texting, something. And when you do talk, the conversation can't just be a bunch of "What are you up to?" "Nothin much, what about you?" Take turns asking each other questions about each other. Talk to them about a cool thing you saw or read. Tell each other funny stories. Agree to both start reading a book and talk about it together.

Been in a LDR for 5+ years now. It's been rough, but now we have fucking stellar communication skills
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.