[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving back in with my parents gives me anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 302005.jpg (226KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
302005.jpg
226KB, 1280x1811px
So I'm a 22 year old who just graduated university a few months ago. I lived with my parents my whole life up till a year ago; I rented an apartment with 2 roomates' this past year to have the experience of living downtown before I graduate. Overall a great experience. A lot of personal growth and all that.

I had been planning, all along, to just rent for the year since it's expensive and I'm draining savings, and I'd rather live at home to save up and buy a condo in a few years. Still the plan. But the closer I get to really living at home again, the more it gives me anxiety spikes. Not like panic attacks, but feelings of dread moreso. I had depression when I was a teen which turned into generalised anxiety (on and off) for a couple years between 20 to around half a year ago. Lately I've been mostly totally fine, but sometimes thinking about going home or actually sleeping over at my parents gives me dread. Something about having to deal with my parents and all the memories I've had at home... My family life is fine I guess. My parents respect me and aren't huge assholes or anything, but they have short fuses with each other and I hate hearing their petty fights, plus my dad has (clinical) OCD so I need to hear him flick light switches and tap doors 50 times in the dead of night and...etc etc. Generic complaints about parents really I guess.

Plus being there feels lonely. I kind of relate to my mom, but I still feel kind of disconnected from both my parents and not many of my friends live near my parents.

I guess I just don't know how exactly I should deal with moving back home. It is the right move, at least for a while so I can save up, just... I don't know, does this anxiety make sense to anyone else?
>>
Sorry this post is so disjointed and rambly. It's 8:30am and I haven't fallen asleep yet. I guess I just worry about falling back into the dark place I used to be in when I lived at home. I've always been a tiny bit of a loner, even though really really value and rely on having friends around me. Which is why having roomates has been so great.

Also I have no siblings at my parents'. I mean, I have an older sister, but she's moved out. Plus she's hard to get along with anyway.
>>
Also, probably relevant, the relationship between me and my parents is quite... Proper. Almost stressful so. I mean they're playful and nice enough, but I've always been kinda the "golden child, can't do no wrong", which means I can't swear around them, be too drunk, sing/play angsty songs on my guitar, etc etc. I mean, I probably COULD do all these things, but they'd come as a shock to my parents and it'd be weird. And they'll just be nosey if I want to go out for a late night walk to clear my head or something. I guess this isn't that abnormal for parents... I just don't want to feel stifled again. Feeling socially boxed in or pressured makes me uncomfortable.
>>
I'll just bump once.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.