[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't feel attachment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

Hey guys. I've had a few girls (through kik and other things not real, physical, 3D girls) like me, but I can never feel any attachment to them. I've tried to make friends but I can't seem to relate to anyone at all. Even if I can, people will typically just leave me after a few days or weeks without notice. This kind of thing happening over and over has led to me being unable to connect with others, I think? I don't know. It's 4 AM and I have no friends or connections with anyone and I've spent the last 3 months or so coming here everyday and doing whatever to pass the time. I don't know what I want out of this thread. Validation, someone to listen and try to understand?
>>
I would guess that no one wants to maintain a relationship with you (friendship or otherwise) because you are not a very interesting person...though I don't know you myself.

git gud?
>>
>>18584835
Idk your life but I say roll with it dude. I'm the same way, and shit goes a lot smoother when I don't try and give a shit about the people in my life. You're defining a human experience man just live and be you.

Shitty advice maybe.
>>
File: feels pc man.jpg (29KB, 315x480px) Image search: [Google]
feels pc man.jpg
29KB, 315x480px
>>18584871
Maybe I am a bit boring. I'm not really passionate about anything. I don't watch TV or movies or listen to music or use social media or anything that most people do. I only picked the major I did because I want money. I guess I know stuff about random things? Most of what I do involves shitposting and vidya, but mostly obscure stuff no one would know about. I wish I could git gud.

>>18584886
I generally do roll with it. Not like I have a choice. I know it's me and me alone, most I can usually do is keep myself occupied at all times.
>>
have you tried doing same shit whan normal ppl do?
like its exhausting for creatures like us, but at least you keep in touch with real world
>>
>>18584917
Friendships arent a one way street. You have to put it as much as you get if not more to see anything lasting.

Sounds more like you havent met anyone interesting enough to care about preserving the relationship.
>>
>>18584932
I think that could be part of it. I had a few friends in high school but they were all a year ahead of me and them graduating wasn't very fun. Especially when I was alone and ate lunch by myself the entire next year. We all played xbox and whatnot, occasionally hung out once every few months since I was the only one without a car and that complicated things. Haven't had anything like that since. Don't really bother with connecting to others or even know if I want to now.

>>18584922
Like what, anon?
>>
>>18584941
That said, you don't need friends to be happy.

If you want friends or a family, then put forth the effort. If you don't, then be happy with your freedom and do what you want to do.

Friends are a dime a dozen, some come and go, others stay forever, none of them will pay your bills when hard times come.
Making them, especially as a gamer is as easy as sending random friend requests, and start chatting up & playing with the ones who accept.

You gotta know what you really want first though.
>>
>>18584917
Nigga why are you so hard on yourself. Just from the way you shitpost I can tell you're a better conversationalist than many.
>>
File: IMG_6379.jpg (29KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6379.jpg
29KB, 243x207px
>>18584956
Really? Thanks, anon~ I don't know why I'm so hard on myself. Even if I do something like mess up a small, inconsequential social thing with a complete stranger that I know I'll probably never meet again, it stays with me for at least a week. As for my conversation skills, I guess I'm just good at writing? I enjoy it a lot because it's usually a better way for me to communicate and all. Talking usually ends with me having little stutters sometimes or misreading things because 'tism.

>>18584955
I at least want friends and someone I can feel close to. Kind of lacking on the real life friends department but do have a few bros I play vidya with, mostly met from playing Dota pubs and other online games. I should play Dota more. I'd really want to be able to have friends I could physically see. Being that I live in bumfuck nowhere, it's a tad difficult at times.
>>
>>18584972
All i have left myself are E-friends. But we voice chat and game together far more than any of my local pals ever did back in the day.

Started off with meeting a shitposter and starting a group discord, then inviting a couple randos and just seeing who did or didnt click, a few friends of friends later and we have a pretty close knit circle.

Personally my longing for "close friend" got filled by my gf. Moved in together and both PC game in the same room with eachother.

Anyways anon, you're smart enough to acomplish what you want so just do it.
>>
It just takes practice man, I suggest you go find a relatively social hobby that doesnt involve computers. This may sound kind of lame but an example of something I did to help get good at social interactions was to start larping. If they have any good games in your area and if you can become immersed into the roleplay I suggest that you go try one out. Most larpers are just normal people or anons like us with a shared hobby that is 75% social interaction and dialogue. A few months after I started larping I suddenly found myself with plenty of close irl friends from all over my state which lead to me being invited to a bunch of lit as fuck parties. I became significantly better at things like public speaking and leadership because the thing about larping that most people dont realise is that you are really "there" when you are at a game. Basically the level of immersion that the whole experience offers (if it is a well put together game) can trick your mind into making you feel like the shit that happens is actually happening to you. I have bled and fought with or against most of new friends, and the guild i run with are basically family. Also every larp that i have been to has as many chicks as dudes, if not more, and most of them are single and put out.
>>
>>18584987
>tfw no pc games gf
That's pretty much how I grew my discord group, anon. Only thing missing is the close friend. You think I'm smart? I appreciate it, anon!

>>18584992
LARPing, huh? Sounds lame. I can dig it. Heard about a guy who used to do that kind of thing until he got a bad head injury near his temple. No permanent effects though, just a little scar. Always claimed flail and tower shield was broken as fuck though. I think he preferred the mace. Hitting things and fighting people in implying mortal combat could be fun, and then drinking with all the people there after a battle well fought. I always figured most people in that community were a bit less than normal, but I guess they're probably well-adjusted, for the most part.
>>
>>18584835
You mentioned playing dota and enjoying it, I'd suggest other valve multiplayer games(csgo, tf2, etc.) because it's where i've met the greatest people I know. Good luck :)
>>
>>18585033
I'll try that, anon. They can be a bit bothersome to play on my own, though. Sometimes it'll just be really draining and I'll go back to single player games. I should finish Persona 3 Portable and Nier Automata. If the latter didn't crash as much, I'd be a lot more motivated to play it.

Anyway, I'm considering sleeping soon, since it's 6 AM here. I'll reply any posts that are made when I wake back up. Or of I can't sleep, I'll stick around a bit longer. Either way, I'll respond to whatever I can, whenever I can.
>>
>>18585039
dota used to be so much better anon
>>
>>18585067
How so? I jumped in around 6.84, the good ol' Sniper/Troll meta. /d2g/ is a fun place, at least, but I miss the kpop posting. /rlg/ is nice, too.
>>
>>18585039
Injuries are pretty common in larps. Its basically like playing a sport and the injuries are similar to those, mostly broken bones, strains, sprains,and torn ligaments. Ive seen a few nasty concussions and one of my close friends tore his acl and broke his ankle while trying to chase a guy a guy down through the woods at 2 am. Fun stuff. You get to experience some interesting things as well even if its just "pretend". In game I've murdered, stolen valuable shit, lied my ass off and had people believe me, and manipulated people into doing just about anything. I have had people beg me for their lives and i have had people beg me to end them. Ive fought in duels to the death with an entire village of people watching and cheering me on. Heroic shit can be fun to, there is nothing like the feeling of saving the lives of a hundred people, or going out into the forest at 4 am with your bros to a destroy a den of monsters threatening to kill, maim, and enslave your friends and neighbors.
>>
>>18585087
Seems like it could be pretty fun. I wonder if there's any of that near me.
>>
File: FEEEEEEEEEEEL.gif (327KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
FEEEEEEEEEEEL.gif
327KB, 500x238px
>>18586405
Thanks for the bump, anon~
>>
>>18584835
hello OP you maybe feel the same as me- im searching for attachment but when i get it i just feel nothing i dont feel happy and let the relation fade away. i think that you yourself are the one who is not making an effort because in the end it does not matter to you
>>
File: DK fridge.gif (865KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
DK fridge.gif
865KB, 370x281px
>>18586785
It could be that, too.
>>
>>18584835
This is my issue but only with women. I dunno exactly when it happened but at some point I gave up on trying to be super deep with a woman. I have no urge to connect with a woman past physical relations.
>>
>>18587365
Why women in particular, anon? I wish I could pursue physical relations, even just any kind of contact, like something as simple as pats on the back, but I'm socially retarded.
>>
>>18584835
>I can never feel any attachment to them.
What were you expecting attachment to feel like? I wonder what it's supposed to feel like.

I have the same problem, and after forty years I still haven't figured it out. I think I was attached to a cat once, maybe. Girlfriends, though, come and go, and sometimes I don't really notice. I never cried when my father died. Whenever other people are sad, I'm busy making to-do lists of things that need fixing so that life can go on.
>>
gitgud at attaching to people
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.