[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been dating a girl for almost three years now and lately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I've been dating a girl for almost three years now and lately I've been feeling really depressed and tired of our relationship. Yesterday walking home from work I though about what this relationship gives me. My girfriend loves me, I don't doub that - she's very affectionate, but from a practical point of view - like simple chores around the house or some kind of input into our well being she doesn't do anything. I'm 28, my girlfriend is 20, she lives with me, doesn't work, studies Italian with a private tutor - plans to move to Italy to study in a year, wants me to move with her. I'm not really excited to move there.

During our relationship I handled all of our expenses - living expenses, medical expenses, her studies, clothes and expensive gifts. She's had some problems in the past (depression) and I've sent her to a private psychotherapist - she was seeing her for half a year. After that she got better, at the very least stopped being that moody. I did my best to help her with that, comforted her, spent time with her.

She's extremely clingy. This past week I was hardly getting any sleep because of work and two days ago my girlfriend made a scene because I didn't spent time with her on that day and she wasn't letting me sleep for hours. I felt like shit going to work the next day and honestly, I stopped enjoying working and earning money just to send them on some gift for her. Last one she asked was burberry watch for $1500. I just feel tired and burned out. I came from a poor family and don't understand all that excitement she has about branded things. Today she was throwing away perfectly good food because it was a little bit old. I can't even decide if I want to break up or not, can't bring myself to do it - she used to threaten to kill herself if I leave her before the psychotherapist. Right now I'm just flowing downstream without emotions, letting things happen as they do. How do I bring myself up to do something about it and what should I do?
>>
Lol you are an idiot.
You are being used as a sugar daddy and you do not even realize it.
Stop buying her shit if you do not think she deserves it, see how she reacts.
>>
>>18584776
Look, if you are paying for all her shit and she doesnt show thats she is graceful for the life you are providing, should you be really living with a person like that? Especially if she isnt family and just a 20 years old girl. You are a fucking catch if you do all the things you say you do. You are obviously tired of the relationship and the depression she has doesnt justify staying with her.
>>
>>18584776
I've been on a similar boat mate.

Please do your best to get out of it, anon. It's a toxic situation that will only build up. I can't say that i know what you're going through because i'm not OP, but know that some anon cares for your well being.
>>
>>18584788
I honestly don't think she wants to use me as a sugar daddy, she's just immature and wants a lifestyle where she doesn't have to worry about anything. She was spoiled as a kid, so from that comes the love for branded things and probably also because she feels better when wearing those - she's very insecure. I can stop buying her things, but her birthday is coming up and out 3rd anniversary, so I was thinking of getting something special. Should I not?
>>18584809
Sometimes she does. Sometimes she forgets to say even thank you after I buy her something. I know it doesn't justify staying with her, but somehow I can't bring myself to break up, because I know it'll be terrible for her. And just because I can't find the strength to do so myself. I think I'm afraid of something.
>>18584818
Thank you, I really appreciate that!
>>
>>18584897
You should give her a small gift with a card tell her your exact feelings.
>>
>>18584916
For birthday as well? Las birthday we were staying in a lux hotel in a decorated room with balloons, went to fancy places and a water park. Also for her birthday gift I gave her a new iPhone, got her favorite book signed by the author for her (Hakuri Murakami) and 19 of her favorite sweets. If I just give a small gift and a card, she'll definitely know that something's up.
>your exact feelings.
That I'm burned out and don't know what to do?
>>
>>18584975
You can't always give her luxurious things. You work hard for your dollars, OP. You deserve to spend it taking care of yourself.

In the end, who's there for you when everyone else is gone?
>>
Muster up the strength to move on OP.
You are probably afraid of being alone or that you won't find someone to love you, but you can't let that stop you from escaping an unhealthy relationship.
You can do it dude, don't leave it until its too late
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.