[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toastmasters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 53486796478.jpg (57KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
53486796478.jpg
57KB, 928x523px
Has anyone here ever been to or regularly attend a toastmasters club? I looked at the map and was surprised how many clubs meet in my town alone, with one even right at the the end of my street that meets weekly. I'm considering going to one to work on some anxiety, confidence and such. I'm just curious. What is the attendance like for any given club that meets weekly? What happens at a meeting? What's your experience been like? Has it been helpful for any anons?
>>
I've only been to one meeting, but you can get an idea of what happens by looking at their website. It says you don't need to participate the first time you go, so you can just watch. However, I was asked to participate and declined, because I couldn't think of a speech on the spot. It starts with prepared speeches, then moves to spontaneous topics. Everyone wrote feedback for each speaker. The speeches were timed.

I live in a big city, and about 20 people showed up. 4 were first timers.

It can apparently vary a lot in culture from branch to branch even within the same city. It was fun listening to people's talks, but it involves some socializing. There is mingling before and after the club activities, with one break in the middle. Everyone was very nice.

I expect it would help someone become a better speaker and more at ease just from the practice in front of an audience. There's nothing to lose by going to one meeting imo.
>>
>>18584700
cool thx good to know
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.