[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Be A Hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What are some ways to be a hero in the modern day? All I can think of are firefighters and EMT's, but I'm already set in a different career path. I do voluntary conservation work in my spare time. Anything else?
>>
>>18584483
Join the army
>>
Kill yourself and donate your organs.
>>
File: sentinel man.jpg (82KB, 408x562px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel man.jpg
82KB, 408x562px
>>18584483
Learn CPR and carry a multi tool then hope you get lucky.
>>
>>18584483
Being a hero is not so much about a career path, but what you do in everyday life. Outside your day job, you can go donate blood, volunteer for humanitarian work, engage in environmental activism, donate to your local church or if you mean very literal hero, you can try to become a lifeguard at a beach.
>>
>>18584506
This.

Be kind, be humble, be noble. I'm in EMT school currently, but that's just me.

I always stop at accidents and whatnot.
>>
>>18584498
Hey Good suggestion
>>18584490
I'm gonna donate em but not gonna kill myself
>>18584506
Like the blood + lifeguard suggestions, probably have to be at a swimming pool though (no beaches around).
>>
Helping homeless people and people in rehab or doing social work for people just out of prison can be a good way to 1) see the progress you've been doing on the world and the good you're bringing to people and 2) helping out the country as a whole. I volunteered at a foster home for cats for about 4 months one time and it was very nice helping out those people they really needed it. My sister has i guess like an internship where she goes to people's houses who are having some kind of domestic issue and helps sort them out. She likes it cause she actually gets to see the change she does for people
>>
>>18584483
Pro bono lawyer. Real supervillains run corporations and have fleets of lawyers to trample on the rights of common folk. Get good, get determined and sue the fuck out of them on behalf of cancer kids who had toxic sludge dumped in their water supply or whatever shit.
>>
Oh what is it that you children say when you like a post? Bump!? Yes well, its interesting that you list this. 1st off if you want to be SEEN as a hero, Go join the military, probably the army because thats the most recognizable to civilians. Not to downplay the military (being in it myself) but if you want to FEEL like a hero. Do extra stuff outside of your schedule to help others. Know of a local homeless person stuck out in the elements? Build that person a small home on wheels (like a teardrop trailer but smaller, just youtube that shit) Help out at a soup line. Instead of donating to charities that will be eaten up to fund the leaders next car. Take the money you would have otherwise donated and build care packages for the homeless to include water, soap, food, tshirts, etc
>>
>>18584506
>>18584519
>>18584539
These are all good suggestions, OP.
Just do good deeds and be humble about it. Don't be a nigerian and post it up on youtube and claim that your recording yourself doing good deeds as a social experiment or something.
>>
Go to Asia and fight sex trafficking of girls. Might get killed by the local mafia though. I might do that as a way/instead of suicide.
>>
Train up: strengthen your body, learn useful skills (CPR, first-aid, emergency tracheotomy) and learn to stay calm when shitty surprises happen.
When you have all of that worked out just live your life as normal and be happy that nothing has happened that would require said action. Being a hero is 90% right place/right time. The rest is having a clear enough was to act effectively in response.
>>
>>18584940
Clear enough head*
>>
the u.s. military is literally a corporate security force. sure a lot of people will think youre a hero but in reality youre just a murderer.

>source: I am an Army vet
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.