[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead car battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Maybe this belongs in /o/ but I'll ask here anyways.

My car's been having trouble starting up recently, I jump started it few times and now that doesn't even work anymore.
This is my first car and I don't have too much experience with car maintenance, the battery's about. I'm thinking of taking the car to an auto shop and double check it's not a connection issue, then buy the battery there and just have them install the battery. But that means I'd have to tow the car and probably would cost 2-300 dollars in total.

Should I just buy the battery and install them myself? I don't have shit for tools, even the jumper cables I used was a friend's.
>>
Could be a bad ground between the battery and the chassis. Could be a dead battery. Could be a bad alternator. Dont replace anything until you know what the problem is so you dont waste your money.
>>
>>18584082
Fuck, but just going to the shop and getting it checked would cost nearly $100. That's almost the price of the battery itself, is it worth it?
>>
Probably isnt even battery. Could be spark plugs or fuel pump.could even be air filter (unlikely though) Replace plugs and tap the fuel tank rougly where the pump is with a solid object and try and jump start it again. Once it runs leave it idle run for 15 minutes.

If you continue to have trouble youll need a mechanic to look over it.
>>
>>18584073
If jump starting it doesn't work at all, it's not the battery, or at least not solely the battery. A jump start should work even if there's literally no battery.
>>
Take the battery out of the car, and get a friend to give you a ride to AutoZone. They will check it to see if it's bad for free.
>>
Go to autozone or Orileys. They will double check to see if the battery is dead or if its the altenator. If the batteries dead they will do the swap for you. Super easy fix. Just happened to the gf last week actually
>>
>>18584073
Most likely your alternator.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.