[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Following through with plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
I have a habit of making really detailed and practical plans for personal projects, but afterwards, I'm always to tired to start the plan. Any tips for overcoming this?
>>
>>18583996
Do you have this problem with smaller projects?

I feel you on this and what i've been trying to do is every now and again put something on my to do list i know i'll want to postpone and do my best to really do it and carry it out until the end. I still have trouble with long term things but this has plugged that habit of getting it done right away into me.
>>
>>18584046
Yeah, even with super small projects, like say, I want to make a small post to my Facebook page today. It just never got done. It'd take like 5 seconds, but I couldn't muster the energy to do it. I dunno what's wrong with me.
>>
>>18584052
Then don't think about it. It's easy to get discouraged if you think about the effort it will technically take, the possible outcomes, etc. None of that matters and you can't accurately predict something like that so that overthinking will only sabotage what you want to do.

Don't think about it or postpone it to some other time and just get it done as soon as possible.
>>
So this is me to a certain degree. This year I have slowly been outgrowing this. The biggest part of it is taking that big plan of yours and breaking it up into smaller tasks. So for example, I wanna build a coffee table. I have some of the tools, no wood, and just some chicken scratch drawings. First weekend im gonna go pick out some pallets from around town and finish by rewarding yourself with something you like, like carls jr. While im at carls jr im gonna call my dad and set a day to pick up the rest of the tools I need, dont let your dad down. The following weekend Id start preparing the wood, reward self with booze. ETC
Essentially set up a reward system with yourself. You get something done? Give yourself a little something. Your brain will catch on to this VERY quickly and will make you want to do more
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.