[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anger issues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: angrysmile.gif (17KB, 235x242px) Image search: [Google]
angrysmile.gif
17KB, 235x242px
I think i have some anger issues. i used to be a very calm person around 2 years ago.
I think it might be the job i got around 1 year ago, or not, i'm not entirely sure.
People have become really irritating, especially when someone says something stupid or whines for a petty reason.
Also video games started making me angry.
>>
forgot to write the second part.

Is there something that could calm me long term?
Meditating or whatnot?
>>
>>18583866
Bipolar bro here,
I highly recommend the book "Cool, Calm, Collected". 30% of it is self help garbage, but the rest is actually really insightful and a good read.

Basically, life is shitty. It's a series of shitty moments and shitty people being shitty to each other. You can't control shit. You can't keep someone else from saying or doing something stupid or rude. But the secret is, you CAN control how you're going to react to it.

Imagine, you're driving down the road, and some jackass pulls out in front of you. Are you going to start getting on his bumper and scream at him? Or are you going to calmly adjust your speed, check your mirrors and drive around him?

It's easier said than done, at first. But with practice and the will to change, you can take the chaotic, trigger response and turn it in to a controlled, casual response.

And people respect that. It gives you an air of power and control when you can effortlessly get rid of something that would make anyone else look foolish.
>>
did you try to not be angry?

ok seriously, try listening to calm/relaxing music, clasical helped me
i usualy go for normal pop songs played only in piano - somehow very calming
>>
>>18583866
I heard that studies show that video games shrink a part of the brain the helps us empathize with people.

Maybe play less video games and get out and do productive things such as date, volunteer, work, join a club or a church...or something.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.