[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi there, /adv/. I was involved in a car wreck recently. Pictured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wreck diagram.png (20KB, 889x918px) Image search: [Google]
wreck diagram.png
20KB, 889x918px
Hi there, /adv/. I was involved in a car wreck recently. Pictured is a rough diagram. If you need more info, I'd be happy to provide it.

My issue is, this girl made a left turn without waiting for me to pass through the intersection, resulting in me t-boning her. Now, I didn't get a ticket for anything, I wasn't in the wrong whatsoever. I've been talking with her insurance representative, who says they'll only pay 80% of the damages because she alleges that my left turn signal was on, and she believed I was making a left turn. I was not in the turn lane, and as you can see from the diagram, I had just finished making a left and straightened my wheel out, so there was no reason for my turn signal to have been on.

However, there were no witnesses. My car was a beater, but it was my only form of transportation. Should I settle for 80%, or do you think it's plausible I could get more?
>>
You had the right of way.
Since there is no citation, it's your word against hers.
You could fight it but would it be worth fighting for?

If you filed a claim with your insurance, they will fight to get it taken care of with no cost to you.
That's why you pay them.
>>
I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. I'm simply musing on the internet to a stranger.

It depends how quickly you need this resolved. I think that your only reason to take the 80% is that you need to get the money, sort your transportation back out and move on with your life. Short of that their offer is bogus. You had your turn signal on?
1) Prove it.
2) So? She's turning. She has a legal obligation to make sure the intersection is clear, signals or no signals. You could be reversing down the intersection holding foam arrows out of your windows pointing in all directions--doesn't matter. She is legally not allowed to go unless it's clear and safe to do so.

So yeah, hypothetically speaking my gut feeling is that it's plausible for you to demand full responsibility.
>>
This
>>18583678
Neither insurance company wants to pay so you can just let them fight it out just demand your car from either one
>>
>>18583688
Sorting my life back out is definitely the goal. Losing that car cost me my job, and then I had to move back home. But I need every cent I can get, as I am a poorfag. I feel no love for insurance companies, nor the girl who lied to try to get herself out of a citation.
>>
Even if your signal was on, she still should wait for you to either stop, turn or pass the intersection, since she was going left herself. She can't just make her turn because she felt like it. At least thems the rules in my country. If both are turning left, both should be sure who goes first, before turning.
>>
>>18583633
dude are you from cedar rapids by chance?
>>
>>18583967
Memphis, but thanks for your concern, lol.
>>
>>18583633
I'd just take it, insurance companies are fucked up and 80% doesn't sound that bad. Some drunk kid totaled my car going 60mph when it was fucking parked in front of my house, about 50 feet from a stop sign he clearly drove right through, and insurance only covered half of it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.