[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thread about overcoming social difficulties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: knife at shibe.jpg (46KB, 574x385px) Image search: [Google]
knife at shibe.jpg
46KB, 574x385px
This could potentially be a very productive thread about overcoming social difficulties.

Every time I go in public lately, I have trouble empathizing with those around me. It's not like a sociopath, it's more like a sperg. I end up saying something critically inappropriate, such as commenting on a woman's appearance (not in a dogging way, just in a conversational way) or commenting on the racial pandering in a movie.

This stuff ends up making people really uncomfortable. I accidentally called a girl who was very beautiful short and generic looking. I accidentally made my good friend feel silly for caring about how they plugged Middle Eastern people into this superhero movie.

I'm really hurting myself and those around me with these embarrassing statements. How do my fellow spergs prevent themselves from doing this sort of thing? Should I just go back to thinking before I say *anything*, playing it on the safe side?

Pic related: situations I put myself in.
>>
think before you talk.
this 20 yo virgin future programmer had chance to fuck with 22 big tities future lawyer with decent sex expierence, but he talked shit about her family - got cockblocked and no more chance to loose virginity
>>
>>18583422
he still has plenty of chances to lose his virginity, but I see what you mean. big titties lawyer is very good.

you think I should make a habit of always thinking before I speak? I feel like only one of the two extremes is possible for my spergy brain.
>>
>>18583429
not that guy but yes. if you happen to say dumb shit by accident then do so.
>>
>>18583439
I wanna cry.
>>
This is what happens when you spend ungodly amounts of time on 4chan and the internet in general. Learn how to separate your real life persona with your internet one.
>>
>>18583446
That's insightful. I don't have more than one true self, but 4chan teaches me not to censor myself.

You cracked the code, my man.
>>
>>18583446
use to have a buddy that had an online """ego""", basically he was a huge pussy in real life and online he was a huge asshole. no girlfriends no friends.

>>18583443
do you get out often? i feel like sometimes when i stay inside for too long i fall into spergy shit constantly. Like if i don't leave my house for 2 weeks, ill forget social norms and will look straight at a girls tits etc.

I started going out on the regular to avoid this, i feel much more normal.

also when you say sperg shit just apologize and say thats not what i meant to say, not what i meant to point out. people will understand
>>
>>18583451
>people will understand
If the comment was about the physical appearance of a woman, or the race of a man, I don't quite think people who are offended will forgive me. These blunders of mine are critical, man.

>do you go out often?
No. I'm poor, and will be poor for a year or so. My presence is entertaining, but it's also a little bit stressful, because I am an unfulfilled ball of anxiety. People usually don't want to be around me, not unless they're very horny or lonely.
>>
>>18583468
>These blunders of mine are critical, man
then just shut the fuck up, literally. stop talking and saying weird shit, think about what you're about to say and if it's weird don't say it

>No. I'm poor, and will be poor for a year or so.
i meant go places. public parks and shit are free my dude. pick up some hobby that other people are doing just to meet people, for example go to pokemon go hotspots in your area and talk to people about that shit.
>>
>>18583492
Everyone who isn't poor and low functioning just claims that it's easy for me to make friends, and that I simply don't have the willpower or "common sense" to do so, even though they make the majority of their friends through college and work.

I'll be starting a training program in the fall, but I'm not sure if I'll make friends through it.

If you have any concrete ideas I can actually say, "Yes, man, I'll do it!" and then make friends there, that would be great. It's gotta be more likely to result in a friendship than a walk in the park or a Pokemon Go tower, because people are obviously not lining up to be my friend.
>>
>>18583492
I just put a reminder that pops up on my phone every day, saying "think before you speak." That ought to do the trick.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.