[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so difficult to reach out to people without coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: suicide2.png (100KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
suicide2.png
100KB, 1034x775px
Why is it so difficult to reach out to people without coming off creepy?

You usually have to limit your attempts to two at most (or three if you want to push it) in order to avoid coming on too strong; and after that, the lack of responses become quite telling. You also can't be too blunt about reaching out, otherwise you end up scaring people away, and come off needy and clingy.

And when you do see/hear from them again, you have to play it cool and nonchalant to avoid showing your desperate, miserable side. Otherwise, the second you show those vulnerabilities, that you wish to be around more people, is the second you become creepy, and permanently dropped by not only the person who had the misfortune of seeing that sad, but also everyone who knows them. Time and time again.

And despite my age, I've yet been able to figure out how to navigate and meander between the two. You either give people space, and become abandoned since they think you're doing well enough. Or reveal that you want people in your life, and be abandoned for being a needy, clingy weirdo.

For a quarter of a decade, I could never figure out how the nuances of balancing the two out. And each attempt always backfires and destroys the few closest relationships or have. While, weirdly, the lack of attempts ruins all your relationships anyway. It's a wonder why people our age eventually do themselves in; and becoming just another statistic in the end.
>>
i think its about how much the person likes or dislikes you. through highschool i didnt have any close friends except for online. people use to respond in ways you described when i tried to message them etc.

when i went to uni and made close friends, they never responded in those ways. a message was always welcome and an invitation to conversation. meanwhile there were still people who did not like me as much and responded negatively etc.

i think its the assumption that if i respond to your message negatively, or barely. you should understand that i do not want to talk to you and you should stop

am i wrong? i dont think so
>>
dont be honest
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.